Home Open Account Help 267 users online

Model Railroading > Printing MR magazine

Date: 04/20/15 14:48
Printing MR magazine
Author: nygiant

If you subscribe to MR Video Plus, there is a great 16 minute video on how Quad Graphics prints its magazines. Fasinating on how automated the process is.

Date: 04/21/15 13:42
Re: Printing MR magazine
Author: LiveWire

The video is now available to non-members.

Date: 04/21/15 15:05
Author: grahamline

Fun video. Sound isn't as clear as it usually is. Would have like to have seen some of the platemaking process as well.

Date: 04/24/15 07:57
Author: Frank30

Live Wire:

Is there a link for NON-MEMBERS to see the MR Printing segment??  

Thanks,
Frank30

Date: 04/24/15 11:43
Author: LiveWire

Date: 04/24/15 13:19
Author: WAF

I would like to have seen how the layout goes from MR's computer to plate making

Date: 04/24/15 13:23
Author: Larry020

They unlocked their site for five days, starting today.  

Larry

Date: 04/24/15 14:49
Author: Frank30

LIVE WIRE:

Thanks for the link. Interesting video. I assume it was presented in a simplified manner  to conserve time. They mentioned that different titles get packaged together
to save postage. Does that mean my TV Guide, Field and Stream, MR and other titles that I "subscribe" to that get printed at that plant all come in one paxckage?
I don't think so. Would have liked a brief explanation of the addressing and integration into the postal system.  It is amazing that the magazines show up here on the
same day of the month (give or take) year after year. Just hope they don't miss their slot in the production line as RMC did during Hurricane Sandy, it really presents a
problem.
Frank30

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0291 seconds