Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Model Railroading > Atlas N S2 Gem

Date: 04/21/15 07:33
Atlas N S2 Gem
Author: ddavies

Just got a new Atlas N-scale S2 with ESU sound decoder, impressive.  I will use this as my local engine servicing industries along the route (N-scale TTrak home layout).

In the video, the SR S2 starts up in the barn, turns its light on as it leaves, and goes out for a day of work.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/21/15 16:35
Re: Atlas N S2 Gem
Author: northridgeswitcher

Dave:   Thank you for sharing.

What type of DCC System are you using?

Did you run into any "Skips" or "Stalls" in power where the sound stopped and had to restart?  (engine probably jerked as well).

BTW:  Nice photo (from video) of another modeler using Unitrack.    More photos (if you have them) please.

Been using Unitrack in N Scale since 2000 with great success after using Atlas and Peco for years prior.

Take care,

Northridge Switcher 

Date: 04/21/15 19:55
Author: SteamTrainJunkie

Bring out the steam.

Date: 04/22/15 04:35

The streamer in the other bay is SR 5410, silent Bachman 2-10-2.  :-(

I will shoot a Bachman Berkshire coming out.

I have a digitrax Super Chief.  29 TTrak modules, of which about 16 were at our convention last year.  ;-)

DCC needs very clean track, sound DCC needs even cleaner, since you will hear the sound stop for a moment.  On the first take, there was no skip.  :-(

Date: 04/22/15 06:46

Athearn challanger 3958.

Date: 04/22/15 14:24
Author: northridgeswitcher

Dave:

What brand and kit is the beigh color building to left in your video's?

(I have the Kato building that you have the locomotives coming out of along with the matching TomyTec 2 stall engine house).

Thanks

Northridge Switcher

Date: 04/22/15 15:02

It is Micro Engineering's " Modern Engine House."  The tracks go through the two buildings to a Kato turntable and roundhouse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/15 15:06 by ddavies.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.3115 seconds