Home Open Account Help 254 users online

Model Railroading > NCE decoder programming issues, recent variety

Date: 04/22/15 18:28
NCE decoder programming issues, recent variety
Author: fbe

All of a sudden I have developed an issue programming NCE D13SRJ and DASR decoders. I am using Digitrax Zephyr and 402 controllers to program both on a programming track or the mainline.

Everything seems to go well when changing the address usually to a 4 digit addresses. When the write function is going on the unit bumps around a bit while Ad4 is flashing.

When I go to run mode the loco only functions on address 3. If I go back to program mode and read the address I get either the new value I programmed, a completely different number or Cd a error message. I try to reprogram and generally get no loco motion during the write mode. This may happen a few times even after doing a CV8 reset. Finally the new address comes through.

My Digitrax decoders like the D166 and D126 decoders are coming through 100% the first time.

All of this seems to have started after I added a Soundtraxx power booster to my programming track. Is there an incompatability between this booster and NCE decoders? Perhaps another issue?

Thanks

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 04/23/15 03:17
Re: NCE decoder programming issues, recent variety
Author: kgmontreal

Did you check the value of CV 29 in the decoders that will not program?  Perhaps CV 29 is not set to accept a four digit address.

KG

Date: 04/23/15 07:48
Author: fbe

The CV29 change happens as part of the programming protocols with Digitrax hardware. When you chose Ad2 or Ad4 the necessary changes are done during the write function.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 04/23/15 14:10
Author: speederman01

I use a soundtrax booster on an NCE system and haven't had any issues like you describe.  I use a mix of TCS, digitrax and NCE decoders.  I have had a couple of bad decoders over the years.  If all else fails, reprogram to factory specs and start over.

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0405 seconds