Home Open Account Help 264 users online

Model Railroading > Fox Valley GP60M, anyone received theirs?

Date: 04/23/15 20:04
Fox Valley GP60M, anyone received theirs?
Author: garr

I received an email from Overland Hobbies today stating that the Fox Valley GP60M's and GP60B's are in and are available. Has anyone received theirs?

I did not preorder these units but was considering purchasing a couple, howeve wanted to get some feedback first considering this is the first HO loco offering for this company.

Jay

Date: 04/23/15 21:46
Re: Fox Valley GP60M, anyone received theirs?
Author: ATSF_SDF40-2

They look realy good from what ive seen in the hobby shop. However if you model santa fe in 1995 most of the GP60m's had a black anti reflective sheild added to the nose. I also believe that these have a very low torque (junk) can motor since its a devision of intermountain. Ive been concidering buying one and either put a NWSL can motor in it or mount it on a Athearn Frame.

Date: 04/23/15 22:22
Author: Charles

Fox Valley is not a division of InterMountain.  They are a separate company.  InterMountain is a distrubitor just like Horizon and Walthers are.

Date: 04/24/15 05:55
Author: wheel_slip

It seems the Norfolk Southern and the Santa Fe 60M's and 60B's are out. I took a look at the local shop yesterday and was more impressed than I was when they posted pictures of pre-production models. From a few feet back these are beautiful models. I only had a couple items that caught my attention. The white paint on the Norfolk Southern locomotive wasn't really white enough (I'm sure this could be lessened with weathering the whole locomotive). The most disappointing point for me is the trucks on the locomotives. They seem really "flat". Don't get me wrong, these are nice models, I think the paint issue that stuck out for me is rather minor. The trucks are the thing that bothers me the most. I'd be interested in other opinions about how the trucks on these locomotives appear.

Andy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/15 06:00 by wheel_slip.

Date: 04/24/15 07:27
Author: navarch2

I ordered an A/B  pair from ModelTrainStuff....should be here in a few days but they list them as in stock.

Bob

Date: 04/24/15 07:40
Author: brfriedm

Here are some shots. Bruce

Date: 04/24/15 07:41
Author: brfriedm

Last one.  Bruce

Date: 04/24/15 09:35
Author: garr

Thanks for the replies so far. Those do look nice and definitely more detailed than the previous plastic releases. From the photos I seem to agree with Andy about the depth of the trucks, seems to be a similar issue to the Proto 2000 GP38-2 release a few years back that was discussed by Jim Six and others upon that locos release. Maybe weathering would help with that.

When anyone receives their units, please give an operating report.

Jay 

Date: 04/24/15 18:39
Author: Larry020

I looked at several prototype photos to confirm what details are missing.  
No speed recorder, or recorder cable on the model that I could tell.  
From the photos Bruce posted, there does not appear to be any sand
lines either. 

On a hunch, I looked at photos on the Fox Valley website of their N scale
GP60.  The trucks look the same.  This may be acceptable in N Scale.  In
HO it is a disappointment. 

Date: 05/20/15 14:47
Author: Fizzboy7

My customers love their Santa Fe's so far.    I too was very impressed with the details, assembly, sound, and proportions.    I could not find anything really to nitpick other than the slightly faded red, which one of my guys preferred over the brand new look.    Nice job by Fox, they nailed it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0395 seconds