Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Model Railroading > Espee AM-2 Cab Forward on Test track with Roller Bearing Rollers

Date: 04/24/15 13:59
Espee AM-2 Cab Forward on Test track with Roller Bearing Rollers
Author: SPED

After completting the two Espee AM-2 projects I always test the engines and break them in so I know they run well. I also had lots of questions about the test board with ball bearing rollers a few weeks ago. Here is the AM-2 #3902 on the test stand, I have a test lead attached to the engine's tender pickup but I could just add the tender and it will work the same. There are always a few bugs to work out when finishing up an engine and this makes it so easy to find them.

Ed

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/24/15 14:03
Re: Espee AM-2 Cab Forward on Test track with Roller Bearing Roll
Author: superchief73

What Gearbox is installed?

Javier Cervantes
Castle Rock , CO

Date: 04/24/15 14:19

Javier,

The original Balboa gearbox is still in this, the Westside is an original coasting drive. This Balboa gearbox comes with it's own sound system.....grrrrr! I added just enough lube to keep it greased until the new owner puts it in the display box, it will not run again for a very long time.

Ed

Date: 04/24/15 19:43
Author: TCnR

When I found some published photos of these guys hauling log trains between Leaf and Weed they started to look a little more utilitarian. Nice work on the model, one odd looking locomotive though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/15 19:44 by TCnR.

Date: 04/24/15 22:18

TCnR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I found some published photos of these guys
> hauling log trains between Leaf and Weed they
> started to look a little more utilitarian. Nice
> work on the model, one odd looking locomotive
> though.

You think the AM-2 is odd, try the AC-3 #4045, it's a 2-8-8-2 with a streamline cab like that of an AC-12. There is a picture of it on Dan Glasser's Brasstrains dot com. Lankly may be a good start for a description.

Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/15 21:46 by SPED.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0302 seconds