Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Model Railroading > May Layout Update

Date: 05/27/15 14:30
May Layout Update
Author: Afbombers

My progress on my 1970-71 BN layout has been slow but steady, I realized today its been about 8 months since we started major benchwork so this is what we have accomplished so far!  

Previous Threads: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,3491583,3491587#msg-3491587  http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,3649605,3649610#msg-3649610

First pic: looking at the run between Red Oak and Emerson
Second: Emerson will be on top on the left by the windows and Ashland Jct will be on the lower level
Third: Following the layout you'll hit Hastings next to the left top

Date: 05/27/15 14:33
Re: May Layout Update

First: the inside of the layout, I had to build around my utilities but I have 8 lift out sections just in case (three on the furnace, three on the water heater and 2 on the water softener)
Second: The opposite side of the inside, down in the middle will represent South Omaha.

Date: 05/27/15 14:37

First: We had to be creative because I am modeling two different lines (Omaha sub and the mainline from  Red Oak to Havelock-Lincoln) to the right you will go to the omaha sub and to the left you go down to the bypass on the mainline between Oreapolis NE and Ashland NE

Second: The last turn of the helix is where you enter at Ashland where as the fly over goes to the omaha sub,  we made sure that we didnt have to have operators walk to the inside when they went up or down  to the next level so you will always go into and out of the helix on the same side.

Date: 05/27/15 17:14
Author: tankcarsrule

Looking great and well planed.

Regards, Bobby

Date: 05/28/15 04:45
Author: iaisfan

I'm really enjoying watching this develop.  Can't wait to see track going in and trains running!  Thanks for the updates.

Joe Atkinson
Council Bluffs, IA
www.iaisrailfans.org/../Sub4WestEnd

Date: 05/28/15 07:24
Author: SRSD45

Nice benchwork. What kind of air compressor you have? Earl is out...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0535 seconds