Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Model Railroading > Together at Last!

Date: 05/29/15 00:19
Together at Last!
Author: funnelfan

Anyone familiar with Oregon railroading since 1993 will instantly recognize these two. For so many years the WPRR 1801 and WPRR 1 were married on the Corvallis Switcher and Dawson Turn. They were a favorite target of railfans, particularly when switching the last steam powered commercial saw mill in the US at Dawson. I made the model of the 1801 quite a while ago from a P2K GP9, but somehow missed the announcement of the Bluford Shops model of the WPRR 1. So when pics of it started showing up on the internet, I just had to get one. It arrived today and I wasted no time to "put it in service" with some minor paint modifications. I'm happy to have this pair of models now, a Oregon Railroad Icon!

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 05/29/15 04:12
Re: Together at Last!
Author: Cajon92

Very cool.

~Ryan

Date: 05/29/15 15:13
Author: upbuddyboy

Tammies in Beaverton, Oregon had one of these a week ago...very nice model
Brian

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/29/15 21:40
Author: Espeenut

Hey Ted, I grabbed the first one that Whistle Stop brought in when I was down in Portland three weeks ago, they said they ordered more but only received one to start out with so its good that you acted quickly. Very nice model, I'll be running mine with some of my W&P and P&W geeps. Nicely done model of the 1801, great looking unit, I've managed to catch it in action several times over the years.

cheers,

Lorne Miller

Date: 05/29/15 21:42
Author: Espeenut

upbuddyboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tammies in Beaverton, Oregon had one of these a
> week ago...very nice model
> Brian
>
> Posted from iPhone

Hey there Brian, nice to see you on here, haven't been in touch much due to some major issues. I'll send you a private message.

cheers,

Lorne

Date: 05/30/15 19:36
Author: Mike_B

I was looking for the "like" button, then I remembered.....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0567 seconds