Home Open Account Help 239 users online

Model Railroading > Never posted under this forum, so here goes. CB&W In November...

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 06/24/15 15:16
Never posted under this forum, so here goes. CB&W In November...
Author: Railfan94

Well, I've always posted in the Eastern Rails forum, quite frankly because I don't get around to much model railroading. The Chesapeake Bay and Western is the largest permanant HO scale layout in the Mid-Atlantic featuring a scale 16 miles of mainline running, and from end to end, takes a train on average 30-40 minutes to complete a run. I was able to make it down to Yorktown, VA for their semi-annual open house back in November 2014 (long before I was a TO member). These are just a few shots from that layout, and I hope to definitely get back down there and grab some more shots!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/15 15:17 by Railfan94.

Date: 06/24/15 15:19
Re: Never posted under this forum, so here goes. CB&W In November

The lashup of a railfans dream, all the UP heritage together, a silverbonnet leading a train, and the NKP heritage leading a 64 car manifest. 

Date: 06/24/15 15:23

Pulling an over/under with your own train is pretty hard to do here, and somehow they managed to do it, with the help of 2 NS SD40-2 pushers. 
last one, and Indianna Central locomotive leads the "Q090" with a CNW locomotive trailing. 

Date: 06/24/15 15:48
Author: Sasquatch

I, for one, am very happy you chose to post these photos here; please feel free to post more as you see fit.  Especially if you have any more photos of the roundhouse and shop area.  I already see a few really good ideas for my own future layout.  The different types of roundhouse sections--maybe implying the aging of the roundhouse, with the section on the left possibly having been the first section built and other sections added as the business grew--seems to me to be a great way to imply time on a layout. This is good stuff; thanks!

-Tom

Date: 06/24/15 16:25

I have a ~15 minute video from that day up on my youtube channel (Joes Junction) you can look up I shot that day. Not nearly enough footage though for sure, so I am planning a trip in the very near future to return down there!

Date: 06/24/15 16:28
Author: RFandPFan

A very impressive layout.  Thanks for posting the pics!

Date: 06/24/15 16:50
Author: BostonMaine

Very nice please post more. Thank you.

Date: 06/24/15 17:20
Author: northridgeswitcher

Great Layout and Photos... Thanks for sharing and posting.

Northridge Switcher

Date: 06/24/15 17:50
Author: tankcarsrule

Beautiful layout! Give us more.

Regards, Bobby

Date: 06/24/15 18:09
Author: highgreengraphics

Great roundhouse scene! === === = === JLH

Date: 06/25/15 04:08
Author: acltrainman

Great looking railroad and love the roundhouse scene. Also great photography.

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL

Date: 06/27/15 19:54
Author: rapidotrains

I say post more photos whenever you want! Your modelling is wonderful.

-Jason

Date: 06/30/15 12:17
Author: rbx551985

Here we have a SERIES of previously-posted images of the CB&W (Chesapeake Bay & Western RR) layout, taken by various club members.  FIRST THREE are night-time shots of "Columbia Furnace" ....

Date: 06/30/15 12:19

And 3 shots of Columbia Furnace in daylight....

Date: 06/30/15 12:22

Here are images (1 in daylight, the other at night) of "New Berlin," or what was once called Germantown - but with an Amtrak station at the American resort town.  The third shot is the EXTERIOR of the building the display is housed in -- it may look small from the outside, but WOW is there a lot inside!  It usually takes a train (if it's moving at "scale speed") nearly an HOUR to get between the layout's two end points.

Date: 06/30/15 12:25

THREE SHOTS HERE:
A) "Arsenal" has a deepwater port for the U.S. Navy, and if you look closely at left, you'll see a submarine partially submerged in Hampton Roads (Virginia) harbor.

B) Two of the CB&W's older diesel locomotives (there are other, various paint schemes which are still in use and can be combined just like the prototypes' varied-era liveries)....

C) Street Running is here, too.... this is but a small segment of one part of the layout.

Date: 06/30/15 12:27

These next 3 images show a pulpwood train passing a wheat field (the wheat field is made of CARPET....!)

Date: 06/30/15 12:31

3 more images of the pulpwood train:  FIRST shot is beside a lake complete with boaters and swimmers.  SECOND shot shows the train passing over a trestle with fly-fishermen below.  THIRD shot is about 20 feet beyond those first 2, with a steel mill in the background - and adjacent to this third image is a portion of the ROUNDHOUSE shown in a photo which was already posted in this thread, above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/15 12:32 by rbx551985.

Date: 06/30/15 12:35

These 3 images show (1) a gathering of wood racks in "French Creek Yard" .... (shots 2 and 3) are of a wood yard where several are being loaded.

Date: 06/30/15 12:40

CARS, ENGINES: 
(1) CB&W covered hopper, weathered to haul LIMESTONE.
(2) Various equipment from a wide variety of prototype and freelance railroads congregate in French Creek Yard.
(3) A CB&W train with run-through power from "Virginia & Atlantic Railway" rolls through Croaker, Va.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/15 12:40 by rbx551985.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0988 seconds