Home Open Account Help 393 users online

Model Railroading > Tokyo Train Stores

Date: 06/26/15 17:32
Tokyo Train Stores
Author: RailThunder

I have family that will be in Tokyo in several weeks and has offerred to check out a train store for me.   Is there a "must" see that has a good selection of HO Scale stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Date: 06/26/15 17:33
Re: Tokyo Train Stores
Author: DKay

Unless things have changed,You most likely wont get any bargains.stuff very expensive there.
Regards,DK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/15 18:17 by DKay.

Date: 06/27/15 10:29
Author: djansson

There was a nice train store in in the main Tokyo station a few years back - might still be there.

Good selection os US brass from Overland and a few other mfgs. And another upstairs store in the Ginza that sold new/used Lionel and other large scale stuff. Look for the Lionel sign hanging outside.

Good luck!

Date: 06/27/15 13:37
Author: UPJeff

I usually go to Tenshodo in the Ginza when I go.  Always visit the Evergreen Shop on the 4th floor.

Jeff Smith
Lakewood, CA
RailMaster Hobbies

Date: 06/27/15 16:44
Author: RailThunder

Thanks for all the information.  I will pass this on.

Date: 06/28/15 07:29
Author: cchan006

UPJeff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I usually go to Tenshodo in the Ginza when I go. 
> Always visit the Evergreen Shop on the 4th floor.
>

Tenshodo in Ginza is also a showroom for their stuff, so I recommend a visit there.

As for being "expensive" that depends on where you go, what you know, and what you want. There are several shops near Akihabara where secoundhand items can be found, and with the current exchange rate (~120 JPY = US $1), it might be worth it to buy it in Japan. For example, Kato's N Scale Doctor Yellow add-on set is priced at $90 at MB Klein, yet I found it around $58 at TamTam hobby shop on the northern edge of Akihabara, brand new. Might even be better secondhand. I recommend a visit there, as I've found some reasonably priced HO scale stuff, too.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0435 seconds