Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Model Railroading > Weaver models order?

Date: 07/02/15 09:05
Weaver models order?
Author: P

I placed an order for some telephone poles from Weaver online about 10 days ago.  The transaction seemed to go through ok and I got a confirmation.

10 days later, my credit card has not been charged and I have not received my product.   Of course since they announced they will be shutting down at the end of June, I am wondering if I will ever see my items.  I called the office and got a phone message that made no mention of the business closing and simply asked to leave a massage to be returned later. 

Anyone have any insight on whether they have made any recent orders that were fulfilled, or whether they are just walking away from the business with no effort to respond to inquiries since the announcement?    Previously they were very good with customer service, but I don't know how the shutdown is being handled and perhaps the employees were let go weeks ago.  TIA

Date: 07/02/15 09:26
Re: Weaver models order?
Author: ATSF100WEST

Post your query on the O Gauge Railroading Magazine web forum.

Bob

ATSF100WEST......Out

Date: 07/02/15 10:03
Author: nsyardy

I also placed an order for paint several weeks ago. My card also has not been charged and I have heard nothing from the one time excellent company.

Date: 07/02/15 10:18
Author: jburek

The Scalecoat paint line was sold to a shop up north somewhere - you can follow that post here below over the past several weeks.  Recent paint orders will not be filled.  You"ll need to contact the shop that purchased the paint line to re-order.   The good news is Scalecoat paint will continue to be produced with the addition of new colors as well.

Date: 07/02/15 13:09
Author: P

Well, get this.  I just got a personal call from Joe Hader (sp?) in response to my phone message.  How's that for service!?!
The bad news is that they do not have any more telephone poles to sell and will not be getting any more. 

So, I'll change this inquiry to one of 'Is there any known dealer on here that may have these in stock to sell?'    FYI - these are O guage

Date: 07/02/15 18:21
Author: SPED

I placed an order a few weeks ago for paint and received it today. I got about one quarter of my order, but I'll take what I can get. Guess I'll wait till the new owner is up and running before I order more.

Ed

Date: 07/03/15 04:18
Author: RailThunder

Well that explains my order for telephone poles also.  Maybe someone will step up to the plate for O Scale polies.  It would be nice to have something like Rix poles n O Scale.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0978 seconds