Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Model Railroading > Atlas announcement -covered hoppers

Date: 07/02/15 16:47
Atlas announcement -covered hoppers
Author: DKay

Any covered hopper junkies (like me) might be interested in some Atlas announcement this morning.Washington grain train  4650CU in 3 numbers,and some potash 3560CU  in several schemes.My modelling budget has taken a hit lately with the value of the Australian dollar taking a tumble,so a bit of a delay(should it happen) will give me time to save.
Regards,DK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/15 18:08 by DKay.

Date: 07/02/15 17:12
Re: Atlas announcement -covered hoppers
Author: calsubd

Nice announcement but today is the day they were supposed to DELIVER the Dash 8-40 B , News update on that would really be nice !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 07/02/15 18:03
Author: funnelfan

I'm still waiting on the SP GP40-2's that were supposed to be out the first quarter of this year.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 07/03/15 13:01
Author: rschonfelder

I believe the Canpotex car is a Trinity protoype but I thought Canpotex are all NSC cars.  Anybody have more information on this from a  Canadian perspective?.  I know that PWRS is doing his car which will be correct but I am just wondering if the Atlas rendition is a foobie?  Being done in the Trainman series, i would expect so.

Rick

Date: 07/03/15 13:16
Author: sarailfan

rschonfelder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe the Canpotex car is a Trinity protoype
> but I thought Canpotex are all NSC cars.  Anybody
> have more information on this from a  Canadian
> perspective?.  I know that PWRS is doing his car
> which will be correct but I am just wondering if
> the Atlas rendition is a foobie?  Being done in
> the Trainman series, i would expect so.

Assuming all the research posted on the PWRS website is accurate, these are complete foobies. I looked it up because the cubic feet didn't jive in my head. Prototype cars for Canpotex have all been bult by NSC, as you thought, and are either 4275 cu ft (early production) or 4300 cu ft (later) in only 47' of length. I suppose this is a good option for those who are looking for a lower price point and don't mind the inaccuracies.

Darren Boes
Lethbridge, AB
Southern Alberta Railfan

Date: 07/03/15 13:55
Author: MrMRL

I just want to point out that Atlas clearly states on their official announcement that their 3-bay hoppers lettered for Canpotex, Potash Corp., and Southern are paint schemes accurate for similar 3-bay covered hopper prototypes. So yeah, foobies. But fully disclosed foobies.

http://www.atlastrainman.com/HOFreight/tmho3560hopper.htm

Mr. MRL

Date: 07/03/15 22:24
Author: Cosmo

I'll pass on them. I'm a PWRS kinda guy.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds