Home Open Account Help 396 users online

Model Railroading > Rapido's FPA-4

Date: 07/02/15 18:22
Rapido's FPA-4
Author: Frank30

I just received my Rapido FPA-4 Napa Valley #71.  Could hardly wait to put it on the track. But, instead, I chose to read all 16 pages
of the instruction manual, English version. (there's also 16 pages in French for those who live north of the border)  The book is liberally
laced with Jason's  endearing sense of humor.  This model is nothing short of spectacular. The paint job is perfect and it runs smoothly,
barely crawling at speed step 1. Green or white class lights and all sorts of sound effects. The horn is a "gorgeous" K3L, Jason's
description.  All I can say is "Wow!"   Beside the Turbo-train, which is stored away, this is the only other Rapido engine that I have,
I can appreciate their obsession with over-the-top detailing.  I can hardly wait for my NH FL-9 to arrive. While I've never been to Napa Valley
and only know these engines through videos, I do remember seeing the FL-9s working the northeast corridor, now that's going to be a
happy reunion!   Thanks Rapido!
Frank30  (Boston area)

Date: 07/02/15 19:18
Re: Rapido's FPA-4
Author: NYSW1904

Same for the RDCs.  Rapido and BLMA are launching our hobbey to a new stratosphere!

Date: 07/02/15 21:30
Author: trkspd

Sounds exciting, any pictures of the Napa locomotive?

Posted from Android

DG .
Unknown, US

Date: 07/03/15 03:02
Author: jobrazy

I......am.......jealous...ll😎

Joel Brazy
Coatesville, PA

Date: 07/03/15 08:20
Author: Espeenut

Jason,
...full whine mode switched ON:
PLEASE consider doing an ordinary FA, the ones that are out there from other makers are virtual CR*P compared with what you've done here. I'd buy numerous ones just in SP&S markings alone if you made them...please...
...full whine mode now switched OFF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/15 08:21 by Espeenut.

Date: 07/03/15 08:37
Author: brfriedm

Here U go.

Bruce

Date: 07/03/15 10:35
Author: grahamline

Any idea what the electric motor in those models is, and how it performs? Always looking for a good remotoring option.

Date: 07/03/15 13:27
Author: PasadenaSub

Are the non-sound versions on the way?  MB Klein has had Rapido FPA4s in two runs so far (starting with CN originals), and all have been sound versions.

Rich

Date: 07/03/15 15:02
Author: SD45X

Does is smell like french fries when running??

Date: 07/03/15 18:36
Author: cf7

You should buy them with the sound already installed. The ESU-Lok Sound is nothing short of spectactular!
I've fallen in love with my GMD-1's and every other engine with this DCC decoder as it not only sounds great, it also does an awesome job on engine control.

I use to install my DCC-sound decoders and speakers. It's not worth the hassle any more when you can get already installed, ready to run.
cf7

Date: 07/03/15 20:31
Author: bnsfsd70

Haha, we went straight from "Whine Mode" to "Wine Mode."

Fantastic stuff, as always from those guys.

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 07/04/15 17:15
Author: rschonfelder

cf7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You should buy them with the sound already
> installed. The ESU-Lok Sound is nothing short of
> spectactular!
> I've fallen in love with my GMD-1's and every
> other engine with this DCC decoder as it not only
> sounds great, it also does an awesome job on
> engine control.
>
> I use to install my DCC-sound decoders and
> speakers. It's not worth the hassle any more when
> you can get already installed, ready to run.
> cf7
>  
I've recently taken that stance too though I speak from a different view since I can certainly live without sound.  Even with a decent non-sound decoder, the cost and then the time to get around to putting it in, I've come to the conclusion (at least with Jason's models) it is worth the extra expense.  I can always hit F8 when it suits me but despite my lack of interest in sound, I have to admit that his Alco/MLW sound is very good; not annoying like some of the sh!t out there.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/15 17:17 by rschonfelder.

Date: 07/04/15 21:49
Author: Amtrak288

Like the Napa Valley Wine Train? Experience it through my camera lens!

http://www.passengertrainheaven.com/travelogues/103014A/WineTrainIndex.html

There is no train like this anywhere in America!  Great looking Rapido model!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0693 seconds