Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Model Railroading > I'm not groovy enough to have this on my layout

Date: 07/22/15 18:08
I'm not groovy enough to have this on my layout
Author: RuleG

However, surely there are some modelers who will take one look and say "Far out, man!"

Peace & Love Van

Date: 07/22/15 19:14
Re: I'm not groovy enough to have this on my layout
Author: icancmp193

Brekina started out with some very nice models of the Dodge A100, which was a good-selling minivan in the day. Now they are pushing the limits to get th most out of that tooling!

Tom Y

Date: 07/22/15 19:43
Author: DrLoco

as well they should.  Waiting for the mystery machine!

Date: 07/23/15 04:11
Author: SPDRGWfan

Most of the ones I remember were Volkswagon buses, but of course they would struggle to do much more than 35 mph up hill with a car load of teenagers.  I remember!
Cheers, Jim Fitch

Date: 07/23/15 07:29
Author: BAB

Almost seems they were limited to something less than 50mph as have almost run over several on dark highways. Some due to the fact tail lights were optional at times on them and other times going up a small bump in the highway even today.
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most of the ones I remember were Volkswagen buses,
> but of course they would struggle to do much more
> than 35 mph up hill with a car load of
> teenagers.  I remember!
> Cheers, Jim Fitch

Date: 07/23/15 15:08
Author: WP282

Dodges are for squares, man. If you wanna be really groovy, it's gotta be a Vee-dub. If you're carrying your whole clan, an old school bus. How do I know? My parents were Berzerkeley hipsters.

Mike

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/24/15 04:02
Author: SPDRGWfan

WP282 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dodges are for squares, man. If you wanna be
> really groovy, it's gotta be a Vee-dub. If you're
> carrying your whole clan, an old school bus. How
> do I know? My parents were Berzerkeley hipsters.
>
> Mike

IIRC, UC Berzerkekely got it's name from all the riots during the Vietnam war protests.  I remember watching them on the evening news as a teen, myself living just up the freeway (80) in the town of UC Davis, where the college students were getting arrested for blocking the double track SP mainline between Fairfield and Sacrademento.  I just liked watching the trains neaer the wye down town by the Davis train station but police that were there told me to keep my distance after the war protests there.  Naturally I complied.  I was about 14 at the time - would have been around 1973/74.

Cheers, Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds