Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Model Railroading > Details on the Onondaga Cutoff

Date: 07/24/15 07:46
Details on the Onondaga Cutoff
Author: RGDave

Here is a recent detail project that I completed on the Onondaga Cutoff, replacing a frog on an 'abandoned' turnout with a section of jointed rail.  Modeling the 1990's (or anything modern) in the Northeastern US means abanonded sidings.  I used Details West rail joiner bars to 'bolt' the new rail in place of the frog on this Shinohara #6 switch, and with some weathering and scenery, we're there!

Enjoy your weekend!  Thanks for looking.

~RGDave
www.onondagacutoff.blogspot.com

Date: 07/24/15 08:09
Re: Details on the Onondaga Cutoff
Author: dispatchone

NICE WORK, LOOKS GREAT, LOVE THE "BARS"

Date: 07/24/15 09:33
Author: RFandPFan

That is a nice detail, thanks for sharing.

Date: 07/24/15 10:40
Author: elu34ch

Nicely done! Did you straight-rail the point also?

Date: 07/24/15 13:55
Author: iaisfan

Very cool Dave!  Seems like we so often hear about a prototype being deemed "model worthy" based on the number of active customers it serves, but I think the interest added by modeling a few inactive customers/tracks is worth the loss in operations, as you've demonstrated here.  Very well done.

Joe Atkinson
Council Bluffs, IA
www.iaisrailfans.org/../Sub4WestEnd

Date: 07/27/15 04:22
Author: RGDave

Thanks, all!

I was following a prototype example, where the diverging point was removed, but the normal point was just spiked shut.  So one point remains to carry the same wheels that use the new jointed rail, while the far point in the photo is removed (and laying near the switch!).

~RGDave
www.onondagacutoff.blogspot.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0322 seconds