Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Model Railroading > Look what I found

Date: 07/24/15 19:52
Look what I found
Author: vegasrails

The joke among family friends and co workers is both my knowledge and my photography hobby of trains, so prior to leaving for a family reunion in St George Utah was there is no trains there, well found next best thing the laying of small gauge track,  what size ties are between 36-40 inches, no markings on the rail,any guesses ?

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/15 02:03 by vegasrails.

Date: 07/24/15 21:31
Re: Look what I found
Author: Cosmo

You might not find trains, but you will find polygamy....best of luck there skippy LOL...

Date: 07/25/15 07:16
Author: BAB

Somewhere around that area is S&S Shortlines, they have 7.5" gauge which this is not, and I think also larger gauge items too some in live steam. Might Google them and see what is up as that looks brand new never run on but looks like alumium rail which isnt always used in larger gauge.
 Need better glasses gues one would not run on it right now as nothing holding the rails down yet , my guess is between 10-15" gauge which is common in this hobby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/15 07:18 by BAB.

Date: 07/25/15 08:53
Author: tomstp

The gauge of that could wind up being anything up to 24".  Note that the rail is not spiked down to the ties.

Date: 07/25/15 09:18
Author: wcamp1472

New rail/ tie attachment method: Xtra heavy duty, double-stick tape?
With spring-loaded, rubber, flexible length axles...

wes c

Date: 07/26/15 13:19
Author: penncentral74

wcamp1472 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> New rail/ tie attachment method: Xtra heavy duty,
> double-stick tape?
> With spring-loaded, rubber, flexible length
> axles...
>
> wes c

Gallons of Barge cement and a really, really big American Beauty soldering iron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/15 13:20 by penncentral74.

Date: 07/26/15 14:15
Author: ChrisCampi

Are those ties 4x6's set on edge?

Date: 08/06/15 09:04
Author: zgardner18

I just got back from visiting Utah. We spent about 3 nights in the St. George area. The place that we stayed was up the street from where they are building what you saw. Though I never saw anyone working on the project, it looks like it should be a fun little ride with tunnels and bridges. Hopefully next time I pass through there it will be complete.

Zak Gardner / Glendora, CA.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0437 seconds