Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Model Railroading > BN Annual synopsis, DelGrosso, Withers

Date: 07/25/15 18:48
BN Annual synopsis, DelGrosso, Withers
Author: fbe

The subject of Hol Wagner's legendary BN Annuals from the 1970 comes up often on the modelers forum here. They are a wealth of information but long out of print and hard to find on the used market. Bob DelGrosso kept the history of BN and later BNSF locomotives alive for sometime as well.

Joe Strapac has kept the information from his SP Annuals alive with publication of feature volumes covering locomotive models and a couple of compendiums of the roster.

In 2014 Bob DelGrosso put together review of the BN roster from merger day 1970 up to the BNSF merger of 1995. This 240 page roster book was published as the"Burlington Northern Historical Review 1970-1995" by Paul Withers. The book is complete information of the locomotives going into the merger and all those purchased, acquired in the SLSF merger as well as those retired or destroyed.

If modeling the BN is your interest this is a book for you. It will give the information you need while you seek out those hard to find BN Annuals.

I have no financial in this book nor any gains from the sales. There are a small number of my roster in the book, though.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/25/15 19:47
Re: BN Annual synopsis, DelGrosso, Withers
Author: dcmkris

Thanks for the info I somehow missed this book coming out deffinetly one to add to the library.

Kris

Date: 07/25/15 20:07
Author: SP_8299

I picked up a copy several months ago. Definitely a good addition to the reference library.  

Date: 07/26/15 06:00
Author: TCnR

Yep, definilty a must have for the resource library. Very useful for modeling and adding info to on-line posts or galleries.
The caboose book gets a lot of use for tracking down the heritage of backyard cabeese as well.

Date: 08/01/15 05:35
Author: Hiroshi

Thanx for the headup.
Have to add it to my collection of BN Motive Power Annual series.
Hiroshi

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0337 seconds