Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Model Railroading > Living large-recent train mtn meet

Date: 07/26/15 14:54
Living large-recent train mtn meet
Author: DKay

Received these from a friend recently.Taken at the recent Train Mountain get together.
Regards,DK

Date: 07/26/15 15:46
Re: Living large-recent train mtn meet
Author: electromac

WOW...2nd picture is awesome...

Date: 07/26/15 16:31
Author: rapidotrains

electromac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WOW...2nd picture is awesome...

I agree!  I *really* want to get into 1/8 scale modelling, but not until I retire or I'll never finish the 1/87 layout...

I wonder if a 9-car United Aircraft TurboTrain would be welcome at Train Mountain?  I suspect I would need someone in each car with a fire extinguisher.....

-Jason

Date: 07/26/15 16:50
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Jason, you are correct the 1/8" scale hobby will make you forget all about the little trains.

But just think you could sell an HO scale GMD lokie for $250 or a 1/8" scale engine for $10,000 per copy.

Date: 07/26/15 19:17
Author: wpjones

Just think how it would look if Chuck got the Dome roofs for some of the cars. One or two of the cars are suposed to be Domes. Can't rememeber why it has never been done. Been to long.
Steve

electromac Wrote:
> WOW...2nd picture is awesome...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/15 19:19 by wpjones.

Date: 07/27/15 07:52
Author: BAB

The fellow who owns this, Chuck, takes it from coast to coast his t shirt is from Florida his home track. He is a great spokesman for the hobby very frendly always willing to help out. That is one of the great things in this scale and I enjoyed every miniute of the meet and he was one that I helped finding parts when his pickup broke down. The next big meet at Train Mountain will be in three years but between then and now there will be five meets a year to attend. Go to the web site and if possible visit, possibly enjoy a train ride if someone is avalible to give one. Boyd at Train Mountain back shop.
> Just think how it would look if Chuck got the Dome
> roofs for some of the cars. One or two of the cars
> are suposed to be Domes. Can't rememeber why it
> has never been done. Been to long.
> Steve
>
> electromac Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WOW...2nd picture is awesome...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.04 seconds