Home Open Account Help 222 users online

Model Railroading > More Layout Progress on the California Southern

Date: 07/30/15 01:59
More Layout Progress on the California Southern
Author: MrMRL

continuing from 3 weeks ago... http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,3787988

The Enterprise branch of the California Southern Model Railroad continues to receive much needed TLC this week with a new structure, trees, and the beginnings of weeds and small bushes.

1) The RBL spur in the back corner has had several 4-6" trees planted on either side, beginning to camouflage several odd corners. Along with numerous smaller (distant) trees added to the hillside behind. (Trees are by JTT models)

2-3) A new (Pikestuff) structure has also been asembled, painted, and added to the short spur in town. No more random track into the side of the adjacent building.

Date: 07/30/15 02:03
Re: More Layout Progress on the California Southern
Author: MrMRL

On the other (right hand) end of the scene, more large JTT and Bachmann SceenScapes trees have been planted, along with numerous small bushes, weeds, and dead ground cover. Much more work yet to be completed in the coming weeks and months, stay tuned.

And thanks for following along!
California Southern Lines

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 07/30/15 04:26
Author: RFandPFan

Looks great.  I really like how you worked the warehouse into the backdrop, well done.

Date: 07/30/15 04:36
Author: RGDave

Agreed, that's a tricky thing to do and this looks good.  Love the grass growing on the siding too.

Good stuff!

~RGDave
www.onondagacutoff.blogspot.com

Date: 07/30/15 04:48
Author: calsubd

Looking at the last pic, If you paint the shadow of the 1st tree dark green on the backdrop then you would blend the tree in also, just a idea, the layout is coming along Great !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 07/30/15 05:10
Author: SPDRGWfan

Very nices scenes.  Is the first photo with the building flat with the yellow box cars parked, is that the Walthers Bud Trucking Co. kit repainted different colors?

The blue building almost looks photoshopped in the way the background is painted behind it, a very interesting effect!

Date: 07/30/15 05:19
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Need more weeds, lots of them.

Date: 07/30/15 05:52
Author: ATSF3751

Great work!

Date: 07/30/15 15:54
Author: DKay

Comming along nicely Robbie.Love the packing shed.Interesting little area to switch out.
Regards,DK

Date: 07/30/15 18:23
Author: rschonfelder

What ever became of that big bridge you posted under construction a year or two ago?  I would like to see how that has progressed.

Rick

Date: 07/31/15 07:00
Author: BAB

Need to get any type of scenery done on my bare layout this looks great. Like that warehouse, more weeds please they add to the track there as very few do it on theres.

Date: 08/01/15 21:30
Author: PHall

dcfbalcoS1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Need more weeds, lots of them.

Sure, when are you coming by to plant them?

Date: 08/02/15 08:20
Author: BAB

If I lived close would love to help out on the railroad my input comes with help if I can possibly do so. I wish that where I live there was more intrest but am pretty much on my own here. The little items like weeds between the rails is left out of many layout but addds much.
-------------------------------------------------------
> dcfbalcoS1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Need more weeds, lots of them.
>
> Sure, when are you coming by to plant them?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0533 seconds