Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Model Railroading > Lok Sound Lighting Question

Date: 08/23/15 18:47
Lok Sound Lighting Question
Author: TRACKENGR

Greetings. 
Lok Sound decoders are new to me, and I'm having trouble disabling the headlight "dimmer".  This function reduces the headlight voltage to 60% of maximum when the throttle is at zero, and sets it to 100% when the throttle hits speed step one.  Apparently this is a factory default setting.  I've spent over two hours reading the user manual and I'm getting no where.

Does anyone know how to disable this function?

Thanks in advance, Steve

Date: 08/23/15 21:01
Re: Lok Sound Lighting Question
Author: barrydraper

The only rational ways to program the lighting on Loksound decoders are to use Decoder Pro or buy a Lok Programmer from ESU.  The lighting in Locksound is so versitle that it uses hundreds of indexed CVs, and only a computer interface can make it managable.  Go to the JMRI website at http://jmri.sourceforge.net/  if you do not know about Decoder Pro.  It is well worth getting an interface for your DCC system and setting up a computer with JMRI for programming.

Barry Draper

Date: 08/24/15 05:31
Author: jimleighty

I would try emailing Loksound and ask them for the CV changes needed to make the changes that you want.  I have done this in the past and then used "program on the main" to make those changes.

Jim Leighty, Milford, Pa

Date: 08/24/15 12:35
Author: KA7008

Is this Lok v3.5?

Date: 08/24/15 12:47
Author: dh1205

This sounds more like the rule 17 function. Did this come pre installed in an engine? If so, what engine?

Alec

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/24/15 20:30
Author: TRACKENGR

Thanks all who responded.  I'll respond with my results.

Steve

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds