Home Open Account Help 307 users online

Model Railroading > MRL Gas Local coming in N scale

Date: 08/25/15 08:48
MRL Gas Local coming in N scale
Author: fbe

Here is the MRL search from PWRS.

http://www.pacific-western-rail.com/product_search.php?f_Scales%5B%5D=2&f_Roads%5B%5D=62&f_ProductTypes=null&f_Keywords=&f_HasSound=0&f_HasDCC=0&ComingSoon=1

Two Fox Valley SD70ACe units, thirty Micro Trains tank cars in three paint layouts and a buffer box perhaps from Fox Valley.

Shows March 2016 limited to 50 sets at $1360US.

I have no connection to PWRS nor this project. I am just getting the word out.

Posted from Windows phone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/15 08:50 by fbe.

Date: 08/25/15 08:57
Re: MRL Gas Local coming in N scale

Info and photos for just the gas local. There is a link to a short video after you get to this page.

http://www.pacific-western-rail.com/view_product.php?ProductID=244792

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/25/15 09:50
Author: RyanWilkerson

That's pretty cool. Definitely not cheap!

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 08/25/15 10:11

I think it is pretty much the going price these days and getting it all at once saves a lot of running around trying to find all the components and painting and lettering them all up.

If 30 cars are too long for the train one might sell off a few cars to ease the pain.

One plan might be to build the Pipeline facility near Thompson Falls and use it for switching during operations sessions. Thirty cars is a full spot but depending on the markets there can be anywhere from 10 to 30 cars left there. So the train set could be split with 10-20 cars spotted at the plant and the remaining cars on the train headed to Pipeline to pull the empties and spot the loads. This can keep a crew busy for a few hours especially when there is regular, premium and diesel to keep sorted out.

Posted from windows phone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/15 10:23 by fbe.

Date: 08/25/15 22:39
Author: MrMRL

Gonna be a less iconic little train if the tanks start all converting to black...

Mr. MRL - any one seen/photographed the repainted gas cans??

Date: 08/26/15 00:00
Author: wabash2800

Is that train addiction help line for real?

Date: 08/26/15 07:56

Yes, I have seen them but no photos yet. They keep their same GATX 101xxx numbers after the repaint. I don't know if this is a fleet overhaul or a rebuild of some of the cars which got layed on their side last year. They do look out of place in the train.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0462 seconds