Home Open Account Help 355 users online

Model Railroading > HO SP Station progress.

Date: 08/26/15 23:01
HO SP Station progress.
Author: CSURAM

Making progress on the new station.  One small step at a time.  Next is to add details and weather but I think I'll leave it looking like it got a new paint job for just a little bit longer but I know it needs to look tired soon.  It was a challenging kit but really a lot of fun since I've learned to take my time.

The station sits on the main line through the yet to be named mountain town.  I didn't try to model a specific station other than to have fun creating something for our layout. 

Two UP engines sit in the helper pocket waiting for the next train to help on their big climb into the mountains.

We'll add more scenery around it and the town itself has a long way to go.

Thanks for looking. 

Previous post link:
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,3587846,3588559#msg-3588559

Date: 08/26/15 23:50
Re: HO SP Station progress.
Author: Chestnut

I built the same station I remember parts of the walls not lining up on mine. Did you have that problem? Otherwise it's a great looking station. Good work!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/27/15 06:47
Author: SPDRGWfan

Beautiful station - very nicely done!

Cheers, Jim

Date: 08/27/15 20:36
Author: atsf121

Looking good!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/27/15 21:16
Author: Barstool

I wouldn't weather the station, it is a very good piece of work and it really stands out......

Date: 08/28/15 13:57
Author: CSURAM

Thanks Guys!

The walls actually came together pretty well.   All in all i can't complain.  I went really slow and that was probably the hardest part to do a little at a time.

We'll see, I might do a very light weathering job with chalks, and give the roof more.  I gave the roof a matte clear finish and the brick platform.

We have fun sometimes modeling the "what if" like, what if the railroads still took care of their old stations instead of knocking them down.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds