Home Open Account Help 291 users online

Model Railroading > Unknown seller

Date: 08/27/15 11:15
Unknown seller
Author: Auburnrail

There's a seller on @bay site that's been advertising various brass American style locomotives under the name of Ytbeauti which apparently are a Chinese manufacturer
And appear to be knock-offs from various brass manufacturers. There is currently a Chinese version of a GE AC 6000 (which the Chinese have bought in 1:1 scale) and a SP type cab forward steamer.
Seller is based in Hong Kong, although states that models will be shipped from China. Pricing seems absurdly low(he's got quite a few bidders). He's got decent feedback, however his past sales were costume jewelry items and Rosaries(!)

Also has some negative feedback of some folks not getting their stuff. Hard to figure, since payment thru Paypal is so biased towards the buyer.
Listed under MODEL TRAINS
HO BRASS .
I call scam, but hard to see how he can do this with Paypal involved?
Or, is there a brass manufacturer in China actually trying to produce these?
Any ideas, or anyone actually see or heard of any of these models?

George Andrassy

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/27/15 11:25
Re: Unknown seller
Author: fs321a

He just got 4 negative reviews on Ebay today....

Date: 08/27/15 15:09
Author: kestrel

Can't find the seller now...

Hmm....

Vince

Date: 08/27/15 15:14
Author: BAB

Not unknown mfg they are listed as BLI and follow there line of trains.
Could be factory seconds or going out the back door kind of thing. Two of the bad feed backs were from. the same person.
 I have ordered things from China and it takes about thirty days to get them sometimes. Korea is a little over that for some reason. Have never been burned from those I have delt with.
Just my FYI on overseas dealing as those I deal with all have 100% positive feed back..

Date: 08/27/15 15:50
Author: Auburnrail

Seller still there. Look under "Model railroad, brass, HO diesel" It is claimed to be of brass. If I recall correctly, BLI made an AC 6000, but it wasn't brass. Only Overland made a brass version of this some 10 years ago. Actually the model is painted in an old GE Demonstrator scheme which this one never used. Anyone know of any brass model manufacturers of US prototypes that are made in China?

Again, hard to understand how you can pull off a scam with Paypal involved...if in fact this is a scam and not the hottest deal of the year? He has free shipping, and currently priced at $130.00
He sold an identical one last week for just a little over this.
Maybe their devaluation of money made the dollar really strong??

George Andrassy

Posted from iPhone

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/15 16:03 by Auburnrail.

Date: 08/27/15 16:39
Author: BAB

Dont know much about what they did produce but what I saw of his list said BLI and was steam.

Date: 08/27/15 20:48
Author: wabash2800

Perhaps if the price is too good to be true, it isn't?

Date: 08/27/15 22:34
Author: NDHolmes

I would bet either it's a second that didn't pass final test, or an overrun that "fell off the truck".  Many of the electronic parts that show up on ebay from China are things that didn't quite pass final test or were overruns.  Given my past professional dealings with Chinese manufacturers and suppliers, that model of doing things is pervasive.  Manufacturers will sub a part they found from a street vendor in for one you specified if you're not watching them like a hawk, just to save a few cents.   Half the time the new parts don't work either because they're a knock-off design, failed final electrical test and were discarded (and then salvaged and resold), or just blatantly aren't the same part as the one you wanted.

There's always the chance it's just blatant fraud and selling things they don't have and can't get, given the most recent feedback.

If nothing else, you've got eBay and Paypal on your side and probably won't be out anything in the end except time and frustration.  If anybody feels like gambling, let us know what happens.

Date: 08/28/15 06:20
Author: Chestnut

I purchased an Athearn Genesis Rock Island F7 set and the bodies had small Chinese writing on them. Probably failed quality control but they are flawless. Just took a little rubbing alcohol and wiped off the words and good to go. Again, they were dirt cheap, but it's a seller I've purchased from in the past and I've had positive results with him. A friend of mine purchased another Genesis unit from him and the MRC decider was bad (go figure) and the gentleman refunded him $100 for a new sound decoder no questions asked. He is the only person from China I do business with.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2836 seconds