Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Model Railroading > Scale Trains

Date: 08/30/15 03:40
Scale Trains
Author: VintageMac

Did anyone run into Shane and Mike at the National Train Show?

Any news on what they will be producing?

Date: 08/30/15 07:27
Re: Scale Trains
Author: SilvertonRR100

They had no comment.  Will announce in November.

Date: 08/30/15 07:56
Author: calsubd

Did they have a booth to say "No Comment " ?

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 08/30/15 08:30
Author: SPDRGWfan

calsubd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did they have a booth to say "No Comment " ?

I doubt it, I think the booth and presence was to advertise their new company and to promote the coming announcement in November.  Not everyone knows probably just from reading the forums etc.

Cheers, Jim Fitch

Date: 08/30/15 09:05
Author: calsubd

Thanks Jim, Hopefully something I want !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 08/30/15 11:02
Author: NSTopHat

Their website and blog stated that while they were going to be at the show, they were going to be walking around. They will be announcing 2 locomotives, five freight cars and two "vehicles" in HO at Trainfest in Milwaukee. They will have similar N scale announcements also at Trainfest.

Regards,
Russ

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/15 11:02 by NSTopHat.

Date: 08/30/15 12:58
Author: SPDRGWfan

Agree'd, hopefully somethings I'll want too!  

Date: 08/31/15 08:47
Author: ssloansjca

My guess still is it is going to be a KM, like SP 9010. It fits into the hints I have seen and is a museum piece; "Museum Quality." It's restoration has been amazing...

~Steve Sloan
San Jose, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/15 08:48 by ssloansjca.

Date: 08/31/15 09:28
Author: Auburnrail

OK, have to ask: Brass or Plastic? Can't believe that short runs of "museum fidelity" brass can be done anymore...Who's left to do them in Korea?...Overland finally couldn't, and they were the biggest for many years...
But what is "museum quality"
plastic? (Other than good Marketing). But hey, I really wish them luck...brave to be a startup in this business.

George Andrassy

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/15 09:32 by Auburnrail.

Date: 08/31/15 10:04
Author: ssloansjca

Plastic!

There was a hint on the 9010 Facebook group awhile back hinting that “somebody” was considering doing a plastic KM. Also "museum quality" sounds to me like a term that might have double meaning hinting that it was a boutique quality model of a locomotive that's in a museum. According to a friend, "They mention something previously only offered in brass with rotating bearing caps... KM Hood units were only offered in brass, and had rotating bearing caps."

I thought for awhile it might be the ultimate GS4/5. 4449 was equipped with roller bearings about 8 years ago, but I don't think it has rotating bearing caps.

A KM may sound pretty obscure for a first release. But, AHM did a KM at one point (not KM Hood units) and a few really obscure units have been done, like Turbines. If you produce a boutique locomotive at a high price point you don't have to sell a ton of them.

Offer a "museum quality" KM Hood unit under $550, yup, I'd buy at least one!

~Steve Sloan
San Jose, CA

Date: 08/31/15 10:48
Author: wingomann

Even though I would love to see an affordable model of the SP 9010, it would make more sense for a first run to make something used by more that one railroad. 
How about an Alco S6 (a model of the SP 1218 in Niles Canyon would be nice)?  Or Harriman 2-6-0 and 2-8-0's?
Whatever they bring out I'm sure it will be nice.

Date: 08/31/15 13:04
Author: WAF

Auburnrail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK, have to ask: Brass or Plastic? Can't believe
> that short runs of "museum fidelity" brass can be
> done anymore...Who's left to do them in
> Korea?...Overland finally couldn't, and they were
> the biggest for many years...
> But what is "museum quality"
> plastic? (Other than good Marketing). But hey, I
> really wish them luck...brave to be a startup in
> this business.
>
> George Andrassy
>
> Posted from iPhone

Union Terminal was planning to do one, Boo Rim doing the work

Date: 08/31/15 13:13
Author: TCnR

Methinks brass would be closer to something having President Grover Cleveland's picture on the front. Plastic would go the route of the recent U25C or maybe some of BLI's locomotives. Since it's SP it would sell a bunch but not sure how big of a bunch.

Always liked the full body KM, never had the pleasure of dealing with the AHM/Rivirossi version though. Never saw the real locomotive either.

Also would be curious what the next uniquely SP locomotive should be though. We're still waiting for the FP-7 and the SD9.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/15 13:14 by TCnR.

Date: 08/31/15 15:51
Author: cascadehogger

I met them finally. No booth, can't do that till November. What's new?? The In N Out Burger in Medford, Oregon.

Date: 08/31/15 16:56
Author: Notch16

Those are good burgers, Dude. 

~ Donny

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0605 seconds