Home Open Account Help 215 users online

Model Railroading > Overland Models - No more new brass to be shipped?

Date: 10/02/15 11:50
Overland Models - No more new brass to be shipped?
Author: brfriedm

So I have talked to allot of folks and they talk about Overland in the past tense. Have they stopped operations of importing brass models?

I have seen no official announcements and their website is still up but has not been updated since 2014.

Did they send a letter or email out to announce this?

Thanks Bruce

Date: 10/02/15 12:05
Re: Overland Models - No more new brass to be shipped?
Author: chs7-321

So what's their primary business now?

Date: 10/02/15 12:14

Their Hobby Shop.  

Bruce

http://www.overlandhobbies.com/

chs7-321 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what's their primary business now?

Date: 10/02/15 12:31
Author: jjd0618psd

On their web site they have a section where you can contact them.  Why don't you contact them and ask them the same question that you posted.

Date: 10/02/15 14:56
Author: NSTopHat

jjd0618psd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On their web site they have a section where you
> can contact them.  Why don't you contact them and
> ask them the same question that you posted.

Bruce;

Why don't you just contact Brian Marsh and ask him yourself? I know he will answer your e-maul. He can be reached through either the Overland Models or Overland Hobbies websites.....

Regards,
Russ

Date: 10/04/15 10:07

Heard from several folks privately. It does not sound like Overland is in the brass business at this time.

Brian Marsh is on this board. He is welcome to share his thoughts.

Bruce

Date: 10/04/15 12:47
Author: needles_sub

A while back, Caboose Hobbies in Denver cancelled all the future OMI reservations and sending out an email stating that OMI was no longer in the brass import buisness. When I visited Caboose Hobbies, I asked about the email. I was told OMI was a hobby dealer now, not an importer, but that nothing offical ever came from OMI. They just decided.

Date: 10/04/15 20:18
Author: Auburnrail

Any of you out there who have or have seen some of the last runs Overland made can appreciate the evolution of their diesel models.
The last runs we're truly exquisite and it seems that no one else will be modeling the current crop of motive power anymore.
Overland was quite tied in to Ajin Precision, their prime manufacturer in Korea for the last 20 years, and when these folks downsized, along with whatever happened with the mysterious demise of Canadian Model Trains (their prime distributor), and also the Recession in 2007, it seemed to end their import business. I treasure the few late run Overland models I have, since sadly I don't think there will be any more neither from Overland nor anybody else.
Just my thoughts.

George Andrassy

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0409 seconds