Home Open Account Help 393 users online

Model Railroading > MMI ON30 steam engines continued

Date: 10/03/15 21:01
MMI ON30 steam engines continued
Author: BAB

Well I posted a few days ago about my DCC problems with my K27 it fixed itself tonight now it is totaly dead. I tried everything to get it running but its headed off to the DCC guy in Portland asap. Think that the problem lies with the install internaly shorted out or went open. And model railroading is fun, time for a beer and some TV as had another die just after that but it was used to start with.

Date: 10/04/15 02:57
Re: MMI ON30 steam engines continued
Author: Cosmo

No, it was MMI to start with....

AB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well I posted a few days ago about my DCC problems
> with my K27 it fixed itself tonight now it is
> totaly dead. I tried everything to get it running
> but its headed off to the DCC guy in Portland
> asap. Think that the problem lies with the install
> internaly shorted out or went open. And model
> railroading is fun, time for a beer and some TV as
> had another die just after that but it was used to
> start with.

Date: 10/04/15 04:05
Author: tsokolan

I had several MMI On30 locos when I tried narrow gauge, and pretty much all of them suffered from build/quality control issues. One K36 even had the frame break! These models look great, but will drive you nuts trying to get them to run reliably. The early K27's had a really junky sound system, I ended up gutting all the wiring out of them and they ran ok. I think the best runner out of the bunch was the C19.

-Trevor

Date: 10/04/15 08:03
Author: tomstp

I had a K-36 that was just great.

Date: 10/04/15 09:20

One that died last night was a C19 that was used when I bought it ran gread sounded great was weathered looked great for about twenty feet did not come back to life no matter what I did. The new one with Sountraxx C19 ran great last night out of the box now needs to be finished.

Date: 10/04/15 11:44
Author: engine3420

I have 9 MMI's all ON3, no problems with any of them.  Good models and they are a bargain.
Chris

Date: 10/04/15 13:26
Author: Finderskeepers

I have 5 of them and other than the junky sound in the original run K-27 all have given no troubles...but mine were On3 not On30...don't know if that makes a difference?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/05/15 08:25

Don't know if the closer wheel gauge is any problems with them but it is on San Juan cars as the under frame and associated air lines and inner truss rods interfere with the wheels in corners. I am above 34 inches on my curves by the way. I think most of my problems lie in who installed the decoders. Am quite sure the K27 that I thought was shorting the decoder out had instead bad wiring inside going open. I am right now waiting to see how the two I sent to a fellow in Portland Or work out just wish they would have a little track work to run them on before saying they are done.
Am off to Train Mountain today for some 7.5 inch work have to get ready for our annual pumpkin patch run in another week.  The bigger stuff is just heavier and a little roomier to work on along with being greasy. Boyd

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0452 seconds