Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Model Railroading > Rapido flex track

Date: 10/05/15 20:20
Rapido flex track
Author: fbe

Rapido has a line of flex track and sticks are available from Walthers.  Now the site at Walthers says the track will be no longer available once their supply is sold out.  So is Rapido really getting out of the track business or has Walthers just no longer going to stock it?

Has anyone had experience with the track?  Will it hold up for use on module construction?  Would anyone recommend it's use to others?

Thanks.

Date: 10/06/15 00:44
Re: Rapido flex track
Author: rschonfelder

It is my understanding that the first shipment of "Bendy Track" came and went.  They were having problems getting another production run.

Rick

Date: 10/06/15 03:22
Author: drolsen

To add to what Rick said, Bill posted either here or on another forum under a different topic that they had an issue with their supplier for the rail, so further production is suspended. I don't think he said "indefinitely," but is pretty far down the road.

Dave

Date: 10/06/15 07:14

Rick, Dave,

I got a reply from Rapido concerning supply issues. Has anyone used any? I will get a small supply from Walthers to get a module project going but I am wondering if the tracks are rugged enough for that kind of service.

Thanks.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/06/15 16:18
Author: tsokolan

Jason had stated before due to supply issues at the factory the production of bendy track is on hold. I've used quite a bit on the lower level of my layout, its nice stuff. I'd avoid using it on a module, since the connection from rail to tie is fairly fragile, and I think with the movement of moudles the rail would tend to pop off of the ties. Atlas 83 may be a better choice.

-Trevor

Date: 10/08/15 00:32

I will have a better idea if Walthers comes through with a supply. Some of the Free-Mo group web sites recommend Micro Engineering track which has very small connectors. I plan on trying PC board connector ties at all end of module connections.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/08/15 05:54
Author: tsokolan

Fire an email to Rapido, I remember Jason saying he may have some track in stock....

-Trevor

Date: 10/08/15 07:44

Thanks, Trevor. Will go there if needed.

By connectors I meant the spikes holding the rails down and not the joiners holding the rails connected to each.other.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds