Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Model Railroading > loksound decoder help

Date: 11/23/15 11:37
loksound decoder help
Author: conrail4123

I would sound to come on like soundtraxx .I don't want to push fiction 8 every time I turn  on power.What cv must I change.Thanks for your help in advance.

Date: 11/23/15 18:27
Re: loksound decoder help
Author: barrydraper

Loksound does not allow sound start on selection like Soundtraxx, but you can program to have sound at all times there is track power.  This is not a simple single CV change, so just use JMRI's Decoder Pro on the Function mapping pane to invert the operation of F8 to a mute instaed of sound on.

Barry Draper

Date: 11/24/15 18:16
Re: loksound decoder help
Author: RioGrandeFan

It's only two CVs to make this change but it does depend on the sound file itself. What locomotive is this decoder installed in? Is it a factory installed decoder or one that you installed yourself? If not a factory installed decoder, if you can provide specific details as to what locomotive it is for or if possible a sound file number, I can provide the two CVs you need. JMRI is not really the best resource here since each sound file is unique as to which CV controls F8. It's not always the same CV in every sound file.

Lee Ryan - Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds