Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Model Railroading > A small milestone on the 2015 Penn Central

Date: 11/25/15 09:09
A small milestone on the 2015 Penn Central
Author: navarch2

I had a golden spike ceremony of sorts this morning - actually a "golden rail joiner" :)

I completed the 60 x 27 loop around the layout room allowing trains to now fully circuit the space. Some additional wiring and boosters and track tune-ups and I can begin work on the 4 peninsulas and staging, plus get some scenery going. 

Picture 1 shows the first train to cross the canal bridge approaching the CN diamond. ( well, half the bridge - I finished the approach span and will now finish the swing span, detail all the bridge piers, and weather all of it before adding the water and fender pilings...) The CN runs on the track that parallels the canal. It crosses the canal further up and out of sight...but its' branch into St Lawrence Yard  does make an appearance on the near side of the canal on the layout. 

Picture 2 shows it on the bridge about to cross into the  already-running part of the railroad...

Picture 3 clearly shows that the bridge did not collapse under the train's weight....so I must have used the correct liquid styrene cement :)

I need to add the second mainline on about 20% of the layout. 

Bob

Date: 11/25/15 09:26
Re: A small milestone on the 2015 Penn Central
Author: hartrick24

I always look forward, to see your great work. Pease more pictures next time...

Steve

Date: 11/25/15 13:23
Author: boejoe

You must be "thankful" for the great enjoyment of this accomplishment.  Here's to more completed trackwork and lots more photos.  Congratulations.

Date: 11/25/15 23:02
Author: Kemacprr

So have you sat back and watched some rail traffic circle the room yet !!!  Always a good event in a model railroads life. Happy Thankgiving !!! ---   Ken 

Date: 11/26/15 05:34
Author: dwatry

Can you post your trackplan?

Date: 11/26/15 17:19
Author: Santafes95

I remember this day on my layout. It is a big muilestone. Keep up the good work.

Date: 12/01/15 04:44

If you send me an email address I will send you a large PDF of it. It is hard to post here in detail.

Todd, is there any way to post a large PDF that is 60 x 30 in real-world size?

Bob

Date: 12/01/15 04:45

Thank you Joe; I'll try to keep things updated over time .

Bob

Date: 12/01/15 04:47

Kemacprr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So have you sat back and watched some rail traffic
> circle the room yet !!!  Always a good event in a
> model railroads life. Happy Thankgiving !!! ---  
> Ken 

Hello Ken;
I have to get the seond main in all the way around to truly do that but on the one operating main, the answer is a firm "yes" lol. I'll have it in my next weekend or so.  It is about half in now but I am on a trip.

Bo b

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0487 seconds