Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Model Railroading > Model Railroad backdrops

Date: 11/25/15 09:57
Model Railroad backdrops
Author: P

I recently bought a small backdrop from RealisticBackgounds to put behind my O scale train 'layout' and am pleased with how it looks.  It got to thinking about putting such a background all around my shelf layout in my office.   I have a refinery in one corner and the 'cement' plant pictured is close enough to do the job as a background.

The piece I bought is only 3 feet in width, and I have about 50' to go all around the room.  The company that makes these apparently only makes them in this size.   I started looking at some of the other companies that make these and am unable to find another one suitable for a refinery.  I have seen power plants, steel mills, and other assorted industry scenes but none that reflect a refinery.   Is there any out there that anyone can steer me towards?   I like that some allow you to buy varying sizes and do some customization and marrying of scenes.   I noted BPH has a nice system for this, but they are closing down effective immediately.

In case it matters, I have about 24" from track to ceiling to cover and wish to eventually install a variety of scenes including the refinery, small town, mountain scenes (eastern).​​

Date: 11/25/15 14:53
Re: Model Railroad backdrops
Author: buckeyestation

I am not an artist, I paint mine they don't look bad.

Date: 11/25/15 14:56
Author: buckeyestation

Look up on u-tibe under background painting. They help a lot there is 5 parts to the series

Date: 11/25/15 15:29
Author: Cupolau

I had a 24 foot by 2 foot high backdrop custom ordered from Backdrop Junction. They do amazing quality work. Go to their website to see some of their backdrops. They're not cheap but after two years in my garage I have not seen any signs of wear.

Date: 11/25/15 17:12
Author: JLW2K

I went through this phase where I did an almost unhealthy amount of research on photo backdrops.  I came to the conclusion that tracksidescenery.com has the best and does custom sizes, scenery and lengths.  I have been very pleased with them.

-James Wright

Date: 11/26/15 09:53
Author: shortliner

It may be worth a look at http://www.larcproducts.com/index.html. They do Custom Backdrops and CDs  (Currently 5), and may well solve your problem
Best
Jack (aka Shortliner)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0376 seconds