Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Model Railroading > Just finished the Badwater Trestle area......

Date: 11/25/15 15:07
Just finished the Badwater Trestle area......
Author: markloos

Every time I complete a project, I like to add a small "signature" of some sort - much like putting a cherry on top of the ice cream!    Sometimes it's just a small sign that I remember from my younger days, or naming something after a friend or, in this case, I placed "myself" in the scene enjoying two of my favorite things – railroads and fishing!  3 pics attached - one "before" two "after.  Cheers! Mark  <><

Date: 11/25/15 15:45
Re: Just finished the Badwater Trestle area......
Author: santafedan

Mark, is that a campbell kit?

Date: 11/25/15 16:09

Hey, Dan.  It very well could be. I built it about 15 years ago. Installed it several years ago and just finally got around to finishing the area last month!  I've never been known to be quick.....Box is long gone....  Mark  <><

Date: 11/25/15 17:05
Author: SWChief

Beautiful!!  Very nice job there Mark. I like the small touch of having the steam loco just coming out of the tunnel and onto the bridge in the second picture.  Even though it's not the subject of the picture, it makes for a complete scene. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Greg

Date: 11/26/15 07:50
Author: boejoe

Am I imagining things or does the face of the steam loco resemble a Reading Co T-1 4-8-4?

Date: 11/26/15 08:58

Good eye.  it is indeed a t1.   Purchased, patched and refitted for the Sweetwater & Thunder Mt. RR just before it was to be cut up for scrap with several of it's sisters back in '56.  ;-)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0458 seconds