Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Model Railroading > On Bridges and Bridge Girders,, Edited Friday

Date: 11/26/15 09:53
On Bridges and Bridge Girders,, Edited Friday
Author: calsubd

Presently building the Walthers Modernized Double track truss bridge, thinking of adding the Atlas girders but now seeing that I may have to shave off the vertical supports on the girders, (I want to run Autoracks and double stacks over this bridge) any suggestions from the Pro's that have tackled this would be appreciated,  Pro's and Con welcomed !, Ed
Friday A..M. measurements are in, , with no girder, just code 100 (Atlas flex track), There is 1/4" clearance with a double stack,  Unles I find a code 100 bridge track, it will stay as is, 
Having fun as Always !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/15 04:55 by calsubd.

Date: 11/26/15 12:52
Re: On Bridges and Bridge Girders
Author: TCnR

Does the Walther's bridge have some sort of metal across the span??

For example the Central Valley bridge has metal across the span to support the weight and then the plastic structure can be more intricate. The ME bridges don t have any metal but the plastic girders are not very long.

Posted from Android

Date: 11/26/15 13:08
Author: calsubd

TCnR,  No it doesn't,  it's 15"s long , looks pretty sturdy, waiting on glue to dry so I can take height measurements for double stacks and autoracks

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 11/26/15 21:05
Author: ChrisCampi

May want to consider the Walthers girders. Double track version is plenty wide enough.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0339 seconds