Home Open Account Help 184 users online

Model Railroading > Athearn Nov. announcesments are posted

Date: 11/27/15 08:57
Athearn Nov. announcesments are posted
Author: nygiant

Several new items. ATSF GP9B, P40's and P42's in many Amtrak schemes, GP9's in WM, ATSF and  Rio Grande.

Date: 11/27/15 10:41
Re: Athearn Nov. announcesments are posted
Author: tracktime

Low-nosed unrebuilt SP GP9s too!  Perfect for use after 1965 with the (post-1965) road numbers announced.

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 11/28/15 18:11
Re: Athearn Nov. announcesments are posted
Author: Charls

For all those not in the loop, please post that link that you got this from, 
Thanks

Date: 11/28/15 20:29
Re: Athearn Nov. announcements are posted
Author: Snailtrail

I just went to Athearns website to grab a link to the Genesis SP low nose, un-rebuilt GP9's that Tracktime mentioned, but they have been removed.

When i saw this post yesterday i went to Athearns website, looked at the 'new announcement' section, and opened the PDF for the Genesis GP7/GP9 - Santa Fe A/B units, undec GP7's plus a few others. No mention of any SP though.

When i saw Tracktimes post about the SP low nose nose units I revisited the site, but this time went via the advanced search - opting for 'Genesis/new announcement'. And there they were. SP GP9's, four road numbers matching those of the renumbered low nose units. Great news!

But for some reason they are no longer listed.

Darren

Date: 11/28/15 20:52
Author: ssloansjca

Maybe they will be re-announced in a month or two. Looking forward to these!

~Steve Sloan

Date: 11/30/15 06:27
Author: twin_star_rocket

There are some Rock Island GP7s announced in the search, but not on the PDF, too.

Brian Ehni

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds