Home Open Account Help 259 users online

Model Railroading > Model trains at the California State Railroad Museum

Date: 12/21/15 13:15
Model trains at the California State Railroad Museum
Author: retcsxcfm

These are on the same floor as Brio so watch out for the kiddies.

Uncle Joe,Seffner,Fl.

Date: 12/21/15 13:17
Re: Model trains at the California State Railroad Museum

More,

Date: 12/21/15 13:22

more

Date: 12/21/15 18:57
Author: LodiCharley

Excellent display...great photos!

Date: 12/21/15 19:49
Author: Streamliner

The bulk of the pre-war toy trains came from the estate of Thomas Sefton, a long time bank president in San Diego, who passed away in 2006.

Date: 12/22/15 05:30
Author: WrongWayMurphy

I visited last Spring after spending a week in Yosemite.  Great museum and loved
the cab visit of the cab ahead and chewed the fat with the docent in the cab who actually fired
them in his younger days.

i was surprised that the model train area on the mezzanine was just display cases of trains and the brio.

i volunteer at our local Cotton Belt Depot Museum here in Tyler Tx and our experience is at folks are bored
quickly at the trains in cases ( we have a large pre and post war Lionel collection) but thoroughly mesmorized
by trains running.  We are in the process of building a new layout as we have have worn out the old one.

Of course an operating layout requires maintenance and monitoring which can be a deterrent.

Date: 12/22/15 06:21
Author: BAB

Was there about 85 and due to the full scale items on display didnt have much time to spend looking at the models so never thought about it. But with all of the layouts around SFO would have thought that there would have been one there also. Thought that there was some 7.5" gauge stuff also as a fellow on TO donated his engine and some cars to it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0428 seconds