Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Model Railroading > Faller Glue Wire Rod Question

Date: 02/03/16 10:31
Faller Glue Wire Rod Question
Author: philhoov

I used to have a thin wire that I inserted into my Faller Glue bottle dispensing tube to keep it from clogging.
I got it from my LHS (now out of business) and they got it from a customer who had found a super-thin wire and wrapped a piece of tape on one end (to help hold it).
Problem is I lost it or discarded it by mistake.
Does anyone know where I could get another wire?
TIA
Phil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/16 10:32 by philhoov.

Date: 02/03/16 11:05
Re: Faller Glue Wire Rod Question
Author: BAB

A piece of music wire from the local hobby shop would work or a paper clip is another. A long needle from your wifes sewing room also works but hard on the relation ship sometimes.

Date: 02/03/16 14:00

I found the ideal solution at my local music store today.
It was a very thin guitar wire for $1.00, complete with a fob on one end of it.
All I need to do is trim it to the proper length.

Date: 02/04/16 19:54
Author: geoffherrig

The easy solution to this problem is to hold a lit match under the tube for a few seconds.  The blockage will be burned up.  While doing this, don't point the end of the tube in your direction because it may spit out a small amount of glue and a little smoke.  Let it cool for a minute and you're back in business.  I don't remember where I learned this, but I think it was from Faller's own literature.  Done it dozens and dozens of times.  Good luck!

Date: 02/04/16 20:27

I found a better solution by going to my local music store with the Faller glue bottle.
Bought a thin guitar string for $1.00 and will cut it to length.
It even has a fob on the end of it to pull it out of the tube.
I also found "beading pins" (hope I have that correct) @ Hobby Lobby in three thicknesses for $1.99 for several.
Now, my excuses for not building more buildings are gone!
Phil

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0496 seconds