Home Open Account Help 274 users online

Model Railroading > Sad to announce passing of John Rammacher

Date: 02/04/16 17:32
Sad to announce passing of John Rammacher
Author: calsubd

John was the owner of Sonsapoppin Ranch in Orange City, Fl., It was a small hobby store on his property, which also had the Blue Springs model RR upstairs, he usually had open house on the weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas,  A Yankee from Ct. , New Haven RR fan and big Providence and Worcester RR fan , Viet Nam Veteran (Ia Drang Valley, 1st Air Cavalry assault) John usually set up shop at the Deland train show at the Volusia County fairgrounds ,,,,John is survived by his wife Suzanne and I think 4 sons,   Ed

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 02/04/16 19:40
Re: Sad to announce passing of John Rammacher
Author: SantaFeRuss

God bless his soul. 

SantaFeRuss

Date: 02/04/16 20:01
Author: calsubd

I have no doubt that he did,  forgot to mention , John came down with ALS about 9 months ago, + / -, Ed

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 02/05/16 15:05
Author: Jimmies

I never met the man, but I wish I could thank him for his very courageous service. Everyone on here really should google ia drang valley and learn of this battle. RIP

Jim

Date: 02/05/16 15:34
Author: hogantunnel

Jimmies Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never met the man, but I wish I could thank him
> for his very courageous service. Everyone on here
> really should google ia drang valley and learn of
> this battle. RIP
>
> Jim
And read "We Were Soldiers Once...And Young" a riveting portrayal of this critical battle by Lt.Gen. Hal Moore (Ret.) and Joe Galloway.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0281 seconds