Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Model Railroading > Anybody get parts from Miniatures by Eric?

Date: 02/09/16 06:00
Anybody get parts from Miniatures by Eric?
Author: herronpeter

Care to comment on quality, value, shipping, etc?  Thanks,

Peter

Date: 02/09/16 08:20
Re: Anybody get parts from Miniatures by Eric?
Author: BAB

Quite a while back there were some comments about this comany as I remember as to copys of items might do a search and see.

Date: 02/09/16 09:32

I did and only found the website and related topics, no info on what I was looking for.

P

Date: 02/09/16 10:43
Author: csxwilsmere

Date: 02/09/16 17:49
Author: PHall

Aways filled my orders in a timely manner. Even with the "fun" of dealing with the customs fools.

Date: 02/09/16 19:10

Thanks for the info.  I ALWAYS seem to forget the search feature on every forum before asking a question.  One time somebody had done it and when I opened it it had been answered BY ME about 2 years before!  Yikes.

Peter

Date: 02/11/16 05:14
Author: Puddington

I use Eric's products extensively and find them to be quite good. While some need some cleaning up they are usually quite well detailed and in scale. His line of winterization hatches, plows, marker lights and caboose smoke jacks have been a great benefit for thi CPR modeller.

Date: 02/12/16 08:51
Author: train976

I have ordered and used Eric's parts for decades.  My tendency is to simply buy at a LHS, but occasionally I'll give him a call directly.  Awesome fella.  He has even added a few extra parts at no charge that I didn't order, causing me to call him again and ask what was going on.  He simply laughed and said he liked to give more than expected and have a little fun, knowing that I would call.
MBE's parts are primarily lost-wax castings in brass, so they do need clean-up before applying to a model.  A bit of filing is all that's needed, mostly to remove where the sprue was located.  While he does cater to the Canadian detail market, I do have to admit that some items seem to be a little oversize, but that could just be me.  What I really like with Eric's parts is that they are rugged and will stand a few bumps and bangs, whereas our industry is producing parts so small and intricate these days that they are beyond fragile. 
Cheers

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2073 seconds