Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Model Railroading > Rock Island RS2

Date: 02/10/16 11:54
Rock Island RS2
Author: cabman

I just bought a Walthers Mainline RI RS2 for a very decent price of $53.00.  Now I'm having a problem finding a good picture of any of the units #450-454 to aid in detailing it.  This must be a photo of the pure RS2 and not after EMDizing it around 1958.  There are plenty of those around.  Any suggestions? 

Date: 02/10/16 11:57
Re: Rock Island RS2
Author: miralomarail

Try American-Rails .com

Date: 02/10/16 12:33
Author: hogheaded

After doing a search of my own, I see what you mean...

In the process, at Trains.com I came across a PDF of the 12-1965 article Christine and the Mongeese, absolutely the most influential article *ever* for me as a modeler, even though I don't model RI. Since then, I have not been able to look a "conventional" diesel in the eye without wincing. If you haven't seen it, beware (!), as it might change your mind about not EMDing your RS-2.

http://ctr.trains.com/~/media/files/pdf/christine-and-the-mongeese.pdf

EO

Date: 02/10/16 16:10
Author: ATSF100WEST

Date: 02/11/16 13:30
Author: bnsfsd70

Yeah, finding photos of the non-commuter RS' on the Rock is difficult, as they generally lived down in Arkansas, which was generally pretty under-photographed.  There was a great article on modeling these in Remember the Rock a few years ago by Jacob Dameron (I think) that would be worth picking up.  I can try to find out which issue we're talking about later if need be.

- Jeff Carlson

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0266 seconds