Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Model Railroading > Menard's O Gauge Buildings and Structures

Date: 04/26/16 03:18
Menard's O Gauge Buildings and Structures
Author: bandob

The Midwestern store certainly has been featuring a nice line of O Gauge Railroading items. Here is the American Power & Light plant. They bring a touch of realism to a Lionel layout.

B&OB

Date: 04/26/16 05:29
Re: Menard's O Gauge Buildings and Structures
Author: navarch2

I owe you...I just found the "base structure"  needed to create at least part of an HO Scale BasicOxygen Furnace...is that building made of plastic? 

Bob

Date: 04/26/16 05:36

Not plastic, Bob, I think it is a heavy fibre-board of some type.

B&OB

Date: 04/26/16 05:55
Author: binder001

Yes, Menards has quietly been workimg with Woodland Scenics for a coule years to create some interesting additions to the O scale "toy train" market.  In my area they only appear in the stores around Christmas, but I understand that the line is available from Menards online.  They have also run some special cars, such as a flatcar with a Menards' truck on it, etc.  

Gary B.
Waverly, NE

Date: 04/26/16 09:27

bandob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not plastic, Bob, I think it is a heavy
> fibre-board of some type.
>
> B&OB

I ordered one to try and kitbash it :)  I'll do mostly "adders" instead of cutting it apart...though the big stacks have to go.....but size-wise it is ideal for that I want it for. Thank you for posting the picture :)

Bob

Date: 04/26/16 11:30

Glad to be of help. I did a search and that is quite a railroad you are developing. I hope you'll add a photo of your finished additions.

B&OBill

Date: 04/26/16 18:20

bandob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Glad to be of help. I did a search and that is
> quite a railroad you are developing. I hope you'll
> add a photo of your finished additions.
>
> B&OBill

I post images often here on T.O. so look for my posts and thank you :)

Bob

Date: 04/27/16 16:45
Author: chakk

Must be an old power plant.   In today's world -- and the world for the last 30 years or so -- a plant with stacks that short, relative to the surrounding buildings, would not be permitted, due to excessive building downwash.  Google "PRIME dispersion model" for more information on what modifications might be required to bring the building complex into regulatory compliance.

Date: 05/07/16 13:17

I've seen at least one fellow has lengthened the stacks, but mine stays as delivered. The blinking sign is a nice touch, too.

B&OB

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds