Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Model Railroading > Walthers-LifeLike P2K SW9/1200 GM-EMD Switcher

Date: 04/27/16 11:40
Walthers-LifeLike P2K SW9/1200 GM-EMD Switcher
Author: rrman6

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the body of these switchers having distorted handrails on the sides of the engine compartment.  The one I have appears that following the molding process the handrail expanded in length between the mountings.  The only way I see a fix is to carefully remove the handrail and carefully apply the replacement as a new metal or plastic one.  Any other suggestions for a fix here??

Date: 04/27/16 11:55
Re: Walthers-LifeLike P2K SW9/1200 GM-EMD Switcher
Author: wingomann

If it's the one along the hood I would just replace it with wire.  If it's an outside walkway railing then it may be a bigger issue.  I had a walkway handrail on my P2K GP9 get messed up.  I was going to make new ones out of wire but haven't started yet due to wanting to find posts that look right.  Is there an off the shelf replacement?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/16 11:58 by wingomann.

Date: 04/27/16 12:44
Author: BNModeler

Smokey Valley makes kits or Precision Scale makes the stanchions

Date: 04/27/16 23:57
Author: chessie5882

Walthers has packages of railing available from their parts department. The newer ones are much nicer than the older ones

Date: 04/29/16 09:51
Author: CountryBoy

Would you happen to have a part #

CB

chessie5882 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Walthers has packages of railing available from
> their parts department. The newer ones are much
> nicer than the older ones

Date: 05/06/16 20:45
Author: rrman6

After viewing some offerings on Ebay, this appears to be a typical flaw in the railing molding.  Thanks guys for your suggestions.  Will look forward to the reworking now.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0317 seconds