Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Model Railroading > Why no H2?

Date: 05/18/16 17:12
Why no H2?
Author: suvart

Bnsf H2 Dash 9s are some of the most common locomotives in the BNSF roster, and for years modelers didn't have any good dash 9s available other than kato. But, MTH recently released a dash 9 with road specific details and Intermountain just announced their dash 9, also with road specific details. Included in both manufactuers line up is a BNSF dash 9 with the correct 4 window cab and high ditchlights, yet both beat around the bush and only made a fakebonnet, h1, and h3 paint scheme. Why? Are they holding off as a marketing technique so they can sell as many of the other paint schemes first? Or is this just a cruel joke on BNSF modelers? 
Travus

Date: 05/18/16 23:17
Re: Why no H2?
Author: MrMRL

They (IM & MTH) may be aware that another player is about to blow them out of the park.

​Mr. MRL - just a random guess...

Date: 05/19/16 04:12
Author: SPDRGWfan

If you are referring to ST, if thats so, they are major players in the modern dept.

Cheers, Jim Fitch

Date: 05/19/16 13:09
Author: Parthia27

I wouldn't put it beyond Athearn to upgrade their RTR Dash 9 to Genesis Standard with later phase bodies for BNSF and NS and perhaps do the same with the AC4400 model. I have to say IMHO that beside the c**p couplers and and bulbs, their ES44AC is still the best modern GE on the market and their SD70ACe is not far behind. A Scale Trains or Walthers budget model is also possible. Personally I'm getting a couple of my BNSF 4 Window Dash 9s from MTH resprayed and fitted with Loksound Chips. They are fantastic runners and though not quite 100% accurate they are close enough for me and streets ahead of anything else announced or available so far. All I need now for my BNSF operations is a Citirail ES44AC and BNSF Dash 8-44CW

Chris

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/20/16 17:54
Author: needles_sub

MrMRL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They (IM & MTH) may be aware that another player
> is about to blow them out of the park.
>
> ​Mr. MRL - just a random guess...

Overland finally doing the models the announced a while back?

Date: 05/20/16 21:41
Author: Espeenut

...pretty sure you'll find that Overland is out of the brass business, they still have a hobby store but they no longer import brass...

Date: 05/20/16 22:14
Author: SD40T-2

Espeenut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...pretty sure you'll find that Overland is out of
> the brass business, they still have a hobby store
> but they no longer import brass...

Never say never fellas...!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0646 seconds