Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Model Railroading > HO Rivarossi NP U28C's

Date: 05/22/16 09:41
HO Rivarossi NP U28C's
Author: BrianA

I have a couple of these in the DCC ready version on order.  I skipped the U25C's that Rivarossi and Korean Brass put out because of the paint issues and other details done wrong.  From what I have heard the new Rivarossi U28C's are much better.

Has anyone tried running the Rivarossi U-boats with anything Athearn?  Would like to run my U28C's with the Athearn SD45's so I am curious to see how compatable they might be together.

So are there any indications that Rivarossi and Korean Brass may be releasing a new run of the U25C's with prior problems corrected?  I have noticed a glut of Rivarossi U25C's for sale on eBay that I am really not interested in.  But I am looking forward to these new U28C's. 

Brian Ambrose
Renton, WA

Date: 05/22/16 11:01
Re: HO Rivarossi NP U28C's
Author: g-spotter

If you are running DC like me, these make a good argument for DCC, as they are faster like their predecessors.  I live with it, but I consider it a slight old school pain......

Date: 05/22/16 19:00
Author: ALCO630

Would these be close for a early U30C?

Doug Wetherhold
Macungie, PA

Date: 05/22/16 20:12
Author: Kemacprr

No they would not. Maybe one day atlas will do a :Late U-28c/early30c like the PRR and RDG had. ---   Ken 

Date: 05/23/16 05:18
Author: ALCO630

RDG was what i was thinking about.

Doug Wetherhold
Macungie, PA

Date: 05/23/16 09:02
Author: fbe

One option would be grafting the radiators from the proto U28B onto the shell of an Atlas U30C. It might be dead on or additional modifications to the Proto parts may be needed.

So far as I know next from Rivarossi is the phI U25C with body louvers instead of screens behind the cab.

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/16 10:57 by fbe.

Date: 05/23/16 17:22
Author: BrianA

Which roads had that version of the U25C? 

Could the newly released HO U28C pass for a late model U25C?  Wondering what the differences were to the carbody when it comes to the NP units.

Brian

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One option would be grafting the radiators from
> the proto U28B onto the shell of an Atlas U30C. It
> might be dead on or additional modifications to
> the Proto parts may be needed.
>
> So far as I know next from Rivarossi is the phI
> U25C with body louvers instead of screens behind
> the cab.
>
> Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/23/16 18:17
Author: fbe

Brian,

This is from memory so I hope I get it all right.

The phI U25Cs were build with louvers in the carbody behind the cab and I think the roof was clean. Hand railings had round stations.

The phII U25C is the model Rivarossi built. It has screens behind the cab and screens and the air cooler on the roof. The hand rails have round stantions.

The phIII U25C was the phI U28C. It was the same as the phII U25C. The handrail stantions were changed to channel type and the horsepower was increased to 2800 hp.

Now the phII U28C got the redesigned carbody which was nearly what was used for the phI U30C. The U30C we are most familiar with was the phII U30C.

The NP and I think CB&Q had phI U25C models and phII U25C models. NP also had the U28C phI.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/23/16 22:30
Author: Kemacprr

I believe the phase 2 U25c's had the large channel handrail stanchion. The PRR U-28 and 30C's looked to have the same external carbody features. Wish that Atlas would do these for the PRR/PC/CR and RDG modelers out there. ---   Ken 

Date: 05/30/16 12:29
Author: MrOGDEN

What phase was Oro Dam's?

MrOGDEN

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.059 seconds