Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Model Railroading > Halliburton Cement Slurry Car

Date: 05/24/16 12:24
Halliburton Cement Slurry Car
Author: Castle_Romeo

Hello,
I was wondering if there's an HO Gauge model of this distinctive car. It has two large drum-like storage compartments over a flat bed.

The contents are unloaded via the bottom of the storage compartments. The car is painted red/gray....

Con-Sys has a resin kit but I'm not a professional modeler so it's beyond my expertise.

Date: 05/24/16 12:41
Re: Halliburton Cement Slurry Car
Author: toledopatch

If it's a one-off or otherwise rare in the real world, how commercially viable would it be as a mass-produced model?

Date: 05/24/16 17:07
Author: DKay

I seem to remember this subject coming up a couple of years ago.Think it was done in brass,but dont quote me on that.
Regards,dK

Date: 05/24/16 19:11
Author: ALCO630

Date: 05/26/16 07:05
Author: navarch2

I found something close to it and ordered a set from Australia from SDS Models....
Beautiful models.....

http://www.sdsmodels.com.au/fxx.htm
Bob

Castle_Romeo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
> I was wondering if there's an HO Gauge model of
> this distinctive car. It has two large drum-like
> storage compartments over a flat bed.
>
> The contents are unloaded via the bottom of the
> storage compartments. The car is painted
> red/gray....
>
> Con-Sys has a resin kit but I'm not a professional
> modeler so it's beyond my expertise.

Date: 05/29/16 19:06
Author: rschonfelder

Is this the car?  If so, I would think the SDS car is not close enough for your wants.

But as someone who is affiliated with them, I can say do not let that stop you from purchasing one of our sets.  As Australian freight cars generally can be more complicated than North American cars, we've had a compliment from someone who manufactures high quality North American product and said our models were better than anything produced in North America.  We are pushing the Chinese to limits not necessarily required for North American prototypes.

Rick

Date: 05/29/16 19:12

That's the car I'm talking about......Now if only it was available as an easy to put together HO Scale kit........

Date: 05/30/16 12:37
Author: MrOGDEN

Did you check Shapeways?

MrOGDEN

Date: 05/30/16 12:42

Lemme check

Date: 05/30/16 12:54

I did a quick check on Shapeways but the only ones are in N Scale and unpainted.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0382 seconds