Home Open Account Help 148 users online

Model Railroading > The 2016 PC - Some Items for the steel mill...

Date: 05/26/16 08:14
The 2016 PC - Some Items for the steel mill...
Author: navarch2

I had been looking for some scrap-handling equipment models as I intend a large scrap steel handling operation as part of the integrated mill, and found a few very nice items to place there.

Picture 1 shows an item I puchased recently - a pair of cranes to handle scrap. For a fairly low cost I bought three of these and each one comes with both a magnet and a set of grapples,..plus it is a modern e-crane type unit. 

Pictures 2 and 3 show progress on building the high line behind the blast furnaces. It will be on a walled-in fill from ground level until it reaches the steel work that will enclose the stock houses......from there it will be an all steel and concrete structure with internal hoppers to feed the skip hoists on each furnace, with open girder construction between the furnaces and on the part which runs off the layout ege to the  other furnaces suggested to be off the layout. 

You will note at the apex of the ramp grade that there is a sharp hump transition - that will be dealt with by a belt sander before laying track. The side wall of the fill will be made with Woodland Scenics flexible wall sections. 

Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/16 08:16 by navarch2.

Date: 05/26/16 14:01
Re: The 2016 PC - Some Items for the steel mill...
Author: railburner

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures and write up. I 'always' look forward to a post from you and what your working on. I've been following your layout build , and your 'room' build too from the very beginning. That interlocking is going to be incredible. Possibility a key highlight of the whole layout!

Regards, Bruce

Posted from Android

Date: 05/26/16 15:37

Thank you for the compliment and for following progress,  Bruce.

i know that at times I pose what may seem like trivial progress imagery, but my hope is that in anything I post, someone can find something useful in their own planning. Once scenery begins I can assure everyone that the work will be far more pleasing to the eye...scenery is something I do very well. 

Bob

railburner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for taking the time to post pictures and
> write up. I 'always' look forward to a post from
> you and what your working on. I've been following
> your layout build , and your 'room' build too from
> the very beginning. That interlocking is going to
> be incredible. Possibility a key highlight of the
> whole layout!
>
> Regards, Bruce
>
> Posted from Android

Date: 05/26/16 18:42
Author: BigDave

You know, your other layout building skills ain't too shabby, either! :)

navarch2 Wrote:
> i know that at times I pose what may seem like
> trivial progress imagery, but my hope is that in
> anything I post, someone can find something useful
> in their own planning. Once scenery begins I can
> assure everyone that the work will be far more
> pleasing to the eye...scenery is something I do
> very well. 
>
> Bob

Date: 05/27/16 06:02

I'm very fortunate in that there a lot of really great modelers in New England to learn from - especially at the club I belong to in 
Providence, RI  Add to that the fact that we have one of the best-stocked purely model rr hobby shops in the country 20 miles from me, in Warwick, RI, and you cannot be in this hobby long around here without learning something useful :) Thank you for the compliment....it is appreciated :) Bob

Date: 05/28/16 05:46
Author: THAT-L-DO

Who manufacures the scrap handling equipment?  I have been looking for similar types of machinery for my scrap operations.

Thanks.

THAT-L-DO

Date: 05/28/16 23:23

Here you go.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KDW-187-Scale-Diecast-Material-Handling-Construction-Vehicle-Cars-Model-Toys-T-/111958475245

That is where I bought them......

Bob

THAT-L-DO Wrote:
> Who manufacures the scrap handling equipment?  I
> have been looking for similar types of machinery
> for my scrap operations.
>
> Thanks.
>
> THAT-L-DO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0705 seconds