Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Model Railroading > Bell won't turn off.

Date: 06/21/16 18:53
Bell won't turn off.
Author: Bleman

I have a Atlas trainmaster with QSI sound when the loco is put in reverse the bell comes on and won't turn off with the F1 key.
Any one have any idea's??

Date: 06/21/16 20:38
Re: Bell won't turn off.
Author: Lurch

Backup alarm?

Date: 06/21/16 20:52
Author: AFReschief

I have had QSI equipped locomotives do stupid things but were back to normal after the magnet reset

Did the engine come with a manual? if so, it will show you where to place the small round magnet to reset the decoder to factory defaults.
usually the "magic spot" is about 2/3 of the way back on the roof.  Complete reset instructions for QSI are is the manual towards the back. 
when you hit the right spot it will sound off with a loud "Reset." reprogram the decoder from 03 and you should be back in business

Jim Leonard
Cheyenne

Date: 06/21/16 22:11
Author: MojaveBill

We had that problem with an SP train parked in the Mojave Yard very late one night year ago - rang for an hour or so until I called the emergency number and someone shut it off and every could go back to sleep...

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 06/22/16 18:13
Author: markloos

If the magnetic wand reset doesn't work, which it may not on DCC, the decoder can also be reset using your DCC programming track and the following procedure:
CV49 =128
CV50 =255
CV 56 =113
You should immediately hear the "RESET" voice command.  Everything will then set back to original mfr setup. 
Hope this helps
Mark  <><

Date: 06/24/16 08:41
Author: Bleman

Thanks for all the help guys . A friend has Decoderpro and reset it back to facktory defaults. That fixed it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds