Home Open Account Help 268 users online

Model Railroading > Trolleys At The Ready ...

Date: 06/29/16 15:57
Trolleys At The Ready ...
Author: KeyRouteKen

Hi Everybody--  Just took a few snaps of the Trolley areas that are coming along on my O-gauge Pike.

Photo 1.  Main trolley terminal.

Photo 2.  Trolley lead over to Fireplace Terminal.

Photo 3.  Fireplace Trolley Terminal

KRK

Date: 06/29/16 16:01
Re: Trolleys At The Ready ...

Photo 4.  Back end of Main Trolley Terminal.

Photo 5.  Overview of Layout looking toward Greyhound Bus Station.
  There are three buses sitting in the Bus Zone that remind me of my childhood in Oakland.  A Greyhound, a Continental Trailways and a Peerless Stages.

Cheers.

KRK

Date: 06/29/16 16:34
Author: railfan400

Looks nice! What make(s) are your streetcars?

Date: 06/29/16 16:52

railfan400 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks nice! What make(s) are your streetcars?

Various brands.  Lionel,  MTH,  Bowser, maybe others.

KRK

Date: 06/30/16 08:34
Author: wjpyper

Go for O! Great to see some O-gauge posted here. Very Nice.
Bill Pyper
Salem, OR

Date: 06/30/16 08:49
Author: RNP47

You are either unmarried, or have a VERY understanding wife!!!

Date: 06/30/16 15:03

RNP47 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are either unmarried, or have a VERY
> understanding wife!!!

Have been married to Suzie for 43-years as of June 9th.   Before we were married, she used to go with me to the East Bay Model Engineers Society in Emeryville on a Friday night and operate O-scale trolleys and interurbans.   She loves TRAINS.  Really does !!    I think I know why.....   You already know about MY grandfather and the SP .....
Well, Suzie's grandfather 'Bill Herzog' worked on the Milwaukee Road and the SOO as a Station Agent.    Her Father, Norm, was actually born in a Depot !  Nuff' said ??

We primarily live in our Kitchen and Family room downstairs.  So, she gave me the Living Room as a Train Room.  Recently, the piece of Fastrak that runs along one side of the original Trolley Loop, was modified by inserting a Fastrak-style right-hand remote switch for "future expansion".  The future track coming off this switch will journey into the adjacent Dining Room, as she authorized me to have more "real estate" for layout expansion.  Isn't she swell ??  (grin)  The switch in question was inserted where the Reading Trainmaster is sitting in the attached photo.

99 % of all wiring so far was done without benefit of a diagram.   I'm just good, huh ?  But, when you stop to know my background in electrical goodies :
Messing with gadgets as a kid;  picking up knowledge from my Uncle Ron; taking electronic classes in high school;  taking electronics in college;  serving in the Western Pacific on a Naval Destroyer maintaining radio communications, air and surface search radars, countermeasures equipment;  more electronic courses in college while in my 30's;
and working for almost 50 years with Ma Bell;  and working on the EBMES layout in Emeryville way back when,  I guess I can wire up my own O-gauge layout without a diagram.  (LOL)

My older brother "Jim" as mentioned before, is suffering from dementia and Phase 1 Alzheimers at age 78.  He lives in San Pablo.  It is really sad.  He has NO hobbies.
At least I have TRAINS to keep my brain functioning !
I will be posting more pictures as the layout progresses.  Thanks to all.

KRK

Date: 07/03/16 09:40
Author: rapidotrains

I like the bridge from the fireplace to the table. Don't run anything too heavy!!! :-)

-Jason

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.055 seconds