Home Open Account Help 387 users online

Model Railroading > oriental cracked gears

Date: 07/19/16 13:06
oriental cracked gears
Author: Dilworth

i have an ori gp7 with cracked gears anyone know the gear replacement number thanks

Date: 07/19/16 13:13
Re: oriental cracked gears
Author: Jeff_Johnston

Try NorthWest Short Line.

Jeff Johnston
www.trainvideosandparts.com

Date: 07/19/16 23:43
Author: grahamline

Helps to give them an axle diameter, gear diameter and a tooth count when you call, but some of the stuff they know off the top of their head.

Date: 07/20/16 02:20
Author: Lighter

-------------------------------------------------------
> i have an ori gp7 with cracked gears anyone know
> the gear replacement number thanks

If no one pops up with an Oriental Limited instruction sheet there is a chance that the NMRA library might have one in their instruction sheet collection.  They do list the company, but not their specific holdings.

Since Oriental Limited has been out of business for 27 years, it is not likely that spare parts are around unless from junkers.  NWSL is really your best chance of getting those gears.

Date: 07/20/16 02:29
Author: brfriedm

Dear Paul,

If this unit has just 2 pickups(one pickup per truck only) then I advise you also add additional pickups at this time. I had a few Oriental units many moons ago with this pickup system and they stalled everywhere.

Bruce

Date: 07/20/16 18:30
Author: jburek

Just put a CurrentKeeper in the unit.  I put them in all my brass locos & they run fine now w/o stalling.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds