Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Model Railroading > Fun lighting project on the HO layout using some N scale lamps...

Date: 07/24/16 11:12
Fun lighting project on the HO layout using some N scale lamps...
Author: markloos

Hi guys.  I installed an HO scale entry lamp by the steps, but decided to use N scale goose neck lamps to light the sign.  Ho scale goose necks would work also but appear to be slightly over sized for this particular job.  Next project will be to install furniture, crates, boxes, etc in the interior.  I was surprised at how simple the Woodland Scenic Easy Plug system is to install.     Model Railroading is FUN!      Mark  <><

Date: 07/24/16 11:29
Re: Fun lighting project on the HO layout using some N scale lamp
Author: pilotblue

Good job! Very nice effect. I agree with your decision to use the N-scale lamps. I am going to give it a try as well!

Date: 07/24/16 11:58

Got a message asking to show the N scale goose neck lamps turned off and in ambient lighting.   Here 'tis

Date: 07/24/16 14:10
Author: patd3985

WOW! That is great work! How in the heck did you do the ivy growing up the building?...That looks as real as I've ever seen!

Date: 07/24/16 14:16
Author: KsPoker

Great job and picture! I have to agree with you on using the N scale gooseneck lights. I just installed an HO scale gooseneck lamp from the same manufacturer as you have (looking at the picture, I'm assuming it's from Woodland Scenic), and they indeed look to be a little bit on the large side. I had some old lamp shades (HO scale without the light) that I found in my surplus kitbash box this week, and they are definitely smaller than the one I installed from Woodland Scenic. Great light from Woodland Scenic, but I did install a resistor (can't remember what size I used) just to cut the brightness down a little bit. It was a little bit overwhelming compared to other lights I installed on the building.

I also like how you used the gooseneck lights on top of the sign on the building. You just gave me an idea how I might do the same thing on my building!

Mike

Date: 07/24/16 16:12

Answer to the ivy question.  Nothing real special, just take several different types of WS scenery and some fine foliage, dump it into a Dixie cup and chop the heck out of it with your wife's good sewing sissors......er..uh I mean any sharp object.  Apply some WS Hobby-tac evenly - not thick - where you believe ivy might grow and then sprinkle or blow this on the dried hobby-tac.  Pat it down LIGHTLY with a piece of tissue.  Make sure it is all connected, as ivy doesn't just grow out of brick. Quick,easy and you're on to the next project.   Mark  <><

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0357 seconds