Home Open Account Help 398 users online

Model Railroading > Rapido Steam Generator Car

Date: 08/20/16 00:33
Rapido Steam Generator Car
Author: markloos

Hi guys.  Rapido makes the following statement about their "oh so Steamy" steam generator car. Quote "The steam is non-toxic and actually cleans your track! And unlike most smoke-equipped steam engines, the steam fluid will not leave a yucky residue all over your layout". 
Does anyone have actual experience to verify (or refute) this statement? Thanks in advance.    Mark   <><

Date: 08/20/16 03:29
Re: Rapido Steam Generator Car
Author: kgmontreal

At our club we do not allow the use the steam feature.  It is harmless but unappreciated.

KG

Date: 08/20/16 07:23
Author: PHall

It all depends on what they're using for smoke fluid.

Date: 08/20/16 20:21
Author: rapidotrains

My personal preference is to leave it off. However if you do use the steam, it doesn't leave a residue on the track and it will actually clean it, especially if you run a masonite pad car after the steam genny.

But I get a wicked headache from the steam after breathing it in for a few minutes. It's based on mineral oil, which is not toxic, but it can't be good to breathe it in all the time.

So while we offer it and a lot of people love it, my advice is to leave it off unless you are operating at a mall or a show in a big venue.

-Jason

Date: 08/22/16 15:06
Author: leonz

Hello Jason,

I sent an e mail to your company recently and I have not recieved a response.
Should I send it again?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0357 seconds