Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Model Railroading > Livin' Large, at Indiana Live Steamers

Date: 08/22/16 18:50
Livin' Large, at Indiana Live Steamers
Author: WrongWayMurphy

I delivered my Cotton Belt RS3 to its new owner at Indiana Live Steamers this past weekend.

Pic one - RS3 and engineers car in front of the depot at Indiana Live Steamers

Pic 2 - my steamer engine entering the planked truss bridge.

Pic 3 - Check out the whistle on this 4-4-2.  Its owner took it for its maiden run this day and told the
          lovely Mrs Murphy that the whistle was over 150 years old.  She told me that story on our ride home today
          and I wish I had engaged the owner on the story behind that.

Date: 08/22/16 18:58
Re: Livin' Large, at Indiana Live Steamers

Pic 4 - This Rio Grande narrow gauge steamer is an exact replica of the 463 and steams like a dream.  It was 
           built from scratch by its owner, seen here eyeing my struggling St.L.S-W 4-6-0 with disdain.

Pic 5 - A new Pennsy H10 steamed up and ready to go, but a strong cold front with driving rain and lightning
?           put a delay on plans to take here on a turn around the track.

Pic 6 - A rare high hood SD40-2 passes by the station and yard tracks.

Date: 08/22/16 19:11

Pic 7 - This is Santa Fe Dan's awesome autorack.  I offered to trade him even for one of my homemade composite gons
with hand painted lettering.  I came home with my gon.

Pic 8 and 9   -   Santa Fe Dan built a HO layout for a friend of his nearby, and his friend graciously allowed the lovely Mrs Murphy
                       and I and Santa Fe Dan to visit.  It is a Boston and Maine themed pike that runs like a Swiss watch and looks
                       like it belongs in a museum.  Its owner is a rather jovial chap who grew up in B&M country.

Indiana Live Steamers is about a half hour south of Indy and consist of the most friendly group of guys and gals you could meet.

Date: 08/22/16 19:59
Author: DKay

Some good stuff thre Shane.Love the Lifesavers tank.
Regards,DK

Date: 08/23/16 07:00
Author: santafedan

WWM made across the M-D line OK.
This past wekend we had what we call Dog Daze invitational.  Last year we had 1 steamer.  I guess since Shane came up from Texas we had 6 running on the track to make him feel welcome.
We all had a great time.

Date: 08/23/16 07:16
Author: Frisco1522

Wish I was younger.   There would be a live steamer and a classic car on the property.

Date: 08/23/16 10:05

I don't know why I wore that stupid hat.  I should have packed the sombrero instead.

TomSTP enter pithy comment here "____________________"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/16 10:45 by WrongWayMurphy.

Date: 08/23/16 17:43
Author: BostonMaine

Thank you for the compliments. I enjoyed your visit and hope you are safely back in Texas. 

Date: 08/24/16 17:44
Author: TrackGuy

That green Atlantic with the SS jacket was scratch built by Glen Brigham of Canton, OH. Glen and a couple other gents from NEOLS first built three 3/4" scale models of this engine. Then Glen built this 1-1/2" scale engine. I believe it has some LE castings but is largely scratch built. As built, she was a bit slippery until Ed Karl from Akron modified the pedestal binders to keep the driver boxes from bottoming out. With that, she allegedly pulled 38 cars around the Valley Division on the Mill Creek Central. This is a low hours steamer that should provide the new owner a lot of enjoyable throttle time.

TrackGuy

Posted from Android

Date: 08/24/16 17:44
Author: TrackGuy

That green Atlantic with the SS jacket was scratch built by Glen Brigham of Canton, OH. Glen and a couple other gents from NEOLS first built three 3/4" scale models of this engine. Then Glen built this 1-1/2" scale engine. I believe it has some LE castings but is largely scratch built. As built, she was a bit slippery until Ed Karl from Akron modified the pedestal binders to keep the driver boxes from bottoming out. With that, she allegedly pulled 38 cars around the Valley Division on the Mill Creek Central. This is a low hours steamer that should provide the new owner a lot of enjoyable throttle time.

TrackGuy

Posted from Android

Date: 08/26/16 19:35
Author: tomstp

Ok------------------------------------you mis-spelled pitiful.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0664 seconds