Home Open Account Help 387 users online

Model Railroading > The 2016 PC - ACe's Galore :)

Date: 08/23/16 09:25
The 2016 PC - ACe's Galore :)
Author: navarch2

I've renumbered a bit under half of the PC ACe's now - (just not the numberboards yet)..... They also need their maintenance base labels under the cab but I am going to print them myself on my ALPS trinter as most of the commercial ones are way too small... The leader in the #2 picture is obviously an SD80MAC.... 

So here are five of them (well 1 retained RN 1073 :))   

Bob

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/16 09:38 by navarch2.

Date: 08/23/16 09:36
Re: The 2016 PC - ACe's Galore :)

While I was at it, I did an SD39 and another spartan cab SD70....here is the SD39....the SD70 was another IC unit I picked up and modified...

....and a CN switcher at St Lwarence Jct waiting to cross the PC main  with a pick up it just made of a chip car....and finally some scrap-haulung trucks picked up on the auction site for the steel mill....nice models....the front axle/wheelset ir "posable" as the axle steers...

Bob

Date: 08/23/16 10:04
Author: chitownjeff

Your layout is taking fine shape......but in the last photo that track spike is kind of out of scale

Date: 08/23/16 10:31
Author: hartrick24

Your layout is one I always look forward to seeing. As always thanks for the updates. I'm from Trenton Mi. and always liked the PC...

Steve

Date: 08/23/16 10:47
Author: Kemacprr

Moving right along there Bob. Looks great. If I hear that there is a cork shortage I know who to blame !!! I like the chip car in PC !! ---   Ken 

Date: 08/23/16 12:32

chitownjeff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your layout is taking fine shape......but in the
> last photo that track spike is kind of out of
> scale

Picky, picky, picky...lol.....that is my signal feeder driller thingy....just push it though the foam...you get a nice oversize hole and you can easily fill in the hole with clay or putty once the wires are in...

Bob :)

Date: 08/23/16 12:36

Kemacprr Wrote:
> Moving right along there Bob. Looks great. If I
> hear that there is a cork shortage I know who to
> blame !!! I like the chip car in PC !! ---  
> Ken

Thank you for all the kind comments :)

Ummm...yes Ken, I buy it by the cases.....and there was a shortage of it a few years back....I've tried other things but for ease of use it is hard to beat :)

I admit to being surprised that no one commented on the Sullivan Scrap car with the coal load.....lol....that is how it comes from Athearn....:)

Did you ever buy the tiny Kato cabooses for your mill?

Bob 

Date: 08/23/16 12:38

hartrick24 Wrote:
> Your layout is one I always look forward to
> seeing. As always thanks for the updates. I'm from
> Trenton Mi. and always liked the PC...
>
> Steve

Thank you as always Steve....hopefully soon enough will be done to have visitors...

Bob

Date: 08/23/16 15:01
Author: Kemacprr

No haven't picked any up yet. Some health issues have kept me busy .  I will get some soon !! --- Ken 

Date: 08/23/16 18:16
Author: NGotwalt

Bob,
I don't know where you're located, but this thing is up and running, I would love operate on it sometime.

Cheers,
Nick

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0438 seconds